SDHL Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesLog inRegisterGallerySDHL.orgSDHL RulesAll-Star Game
Poll
is the cormier hit the ugliest of all time?
Yes
Penguins - Wild Deal I_vote_lcap36%Penguins - Wild Deal I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
No
Penguins - Wild Deal I_vote_lcap43%Penguins - Wild Deal I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
His reputation makes it worse
Penguins - Wild Deal I_vote_lcap21%Penguins - Wild Deal I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14
гинеколог астана
Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 5:35 am by Anonymous

Comments: 0
How To Hide Drugs
Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 7:00 pm by Anonymous
How To Help Drug Dealers - lipitor pills During the intake of Lipitor at regular intervals, if you experience a sort of inexplicable pain in the muscles or unusual tiredness, it would be advisable to explain the physical condition to the physician.

Great informative post!
Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 3:53 am by Anonymous
Hello. Never mind, it came back. How do I connect it to the secondary driver as Master & Disconnect all slave hardware from IDE secondary Master?

стрижка классический боб фото
Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:22 pm by Anonymous
У некоторых из них основание скользит по пластиковой формованной ручке. Щетки делают из щетины (иногда называемой перьями или булавками), которая может быть натуральной свиной, пластмассовой, нейлоновой или металлической. Простолюдины, напротив, коротко стриглись и отпускали небольшие аккуратные бородки; над верхней губой волосы выщипывали или сбривали.

http://www.merchantcashadvances.org small business loan
Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:23 pm by Anonymous
If you are looking then you need to go to They gave me a about four months ago and I absolutely love their plan . The cause why I love it is because the unique payment structure lets me to return my only my company makes money . They also extended a couple of interesting ways in which the existent pay back works. They offer three various cases of return choices. The company has thriven a ton since three years ago and now are offering traditional and …

[ Full reading ]

Penguins - Wild Deal

Go down 
+6
stlblues
Predators_jaytiby4
bure_HOF
Minnesota Wild
TML
Penguins GM
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Penguins GM

Penguins GM

Number of posts : 183
SDHL Team : Pittsburgh Penguins
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 17
GM Ranking: --
SDHL Position: General Manager

Penguins - Wild Deal Empty
PostSubject: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 4:23 pm

This will benefit Minnesota a lot but I'm not that worried about it. My main reason of doing this is because I'm not pressed on draft picks. I'm usually never available for a draft so I'd rather sell them along with the prospects.

To MIN: Year 2 COL 1, Year 2 CBJ 2, Year 2 CBJ 3, Year 2 PIT 4, Year 2 CBJ 4, 7 prospects: Grant, Caputi, Moon, Sneep, Curry, Veilleux, Casey Pierro-Zabotel

To PIT: $6.5M, Year 3 MIN 4, Moises Gutierrez, Matt Kassian
Back to top Go down
TML

Number of posts : 16
SDHL Team : Toronto Maple Leafs
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 28
GM Ranking: 2
SDHL Position: Co-Commissioner

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 4:38 pm

Well considering you have a whole season to unload your picks mike, I can't let this deal go through. And for christ sakes, deals like this make me wonder, what the fuck.

If you want a shit team, you should've taken the Islanders.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Wild

Minnesota Wild

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 11

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 7:14 pm

I will make changes to the deal if need be but I think this deal isfine for both of us.

The pens are going to need money for free's the next few seasons and I need picks. The prospects, if you do your research, are mainly likely AHLers.

I would very much like you to re consider this.

I am open to amedments though. I can raise the number to 7.5.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Number of posts : 689
SDHL Team : bruins

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 1
SDHL Position: Commissioner/Supreme Trade Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 7:42 pm

there is going to need to be some major restructuring, imo, as the colorado yr two 1st rd pick must be worth about $5-6M itself.
Back to top Go down
Predators_jaytiby4

Predators_jaytiby4

Number of posts : 121
SDHL Team : Hamilton Predators
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 4

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 8:05 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

This is not even close....PIT is giving up every draft pick he has this year (5 picks) and just about all of his top prospects (7 of them) for $6.5M, a low draft pick and 2 nobodies. When does this become fair???? This leaves Pittsburgh with no Future and a little extra cash thats all!

SCARY!!!!
Back to top Go down
stlblues

stlblues

Number of posts : 271
SDHL Team : St. Louis Blues
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 29

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 8:24 pm

Hello, police? I would like to report a rape.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Wild

Minnesota Wild

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 9:48 pm

what can i do to modify the deal and thus satisfy the self righteous and all knowing? i'll change the 4th in year 3 to a 2nd a add a third the following draft.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Wild

Minnesota Wild

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 9:49 pm

by the way i agree the original deal.
Back to top Go down
Thrashers GM

Thrashers GM

Number of posts : 429
Humor : None.
SDHL Team : Atlanta Thrashers

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 3
SDHL Position: Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 11:09 pm

Teams will usually make between $10-20 Million per season if they take care of their lines and make sure they participate.

With that said, any first rounder alone should be considered worth at least $7M cash. At least. A #1 Overall pick should be treated as priceless.

Yes, this isn't a #1 OV... it may not even be close... but no matter what, on it's own it's at least $7M.

Personally, I'd keep the prospects and move the pick near the draft in order to net a shit load more.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Wild

Minnesota Wild

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 2:24 am

Alright, I have made amendments. Serious amedments. No one is in cahoots. I think if I were the pens GM, working with big salary players, I would want a lot of money to spend on signing bonuses, so it makes sense.

To MIN: Year 2 COL 1, Year 2 CBJ 2, Year 2 CBJ 3, Year 2 PIT 4, Year 2 CBJ 4, 7 prospects: Grant, Caputi, Moon, Sneep, Curry, Veilleux, Casey Pierro-Zabotel

To PIT: $7M, Year 3 MIN 4, Year 5 Min 1, Moises Gutierrez,
Back to top Go down
Predators_jaytiby4

Predators_jaytiby4

Number of posts : 121
SDHL Team : Hamilton Predators
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 4

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 10:35 am

Lets assume for a minute that the first rounders wash each other out. Then lets assume that the 4th rounder that Minny is offering is washed out by one of the 4th rounders Pittsburgh is offering.

You are left with Minny offering $7M and a prospect that will probably never see the NHL for 2nd rounder, 3rd rounder, 4th rounder and pretty well pittsburghs 7 best available prospects. hmmmm something doesn't add up here!

Please explain Minny how this even enters into your head as fair??????
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Wild

Minnesota Wild

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 11:51 am

Well, you could begin by researching the likelyhood of the majority of those prospects ever making the NHL. Alex Grant probably, but most of the others 4th MAYBE 3rd liners but likely AHLers.

Ive done my research on the prospects. They're not the highest of quality. I'll go to 8 mill and Erik Reitz, who is currently playing in the NHL.

I wish the commish would explain to me a little better what is to be done here.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Wild

Minnesota Wild

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 11:57 am

To PIT: $8M, Year 3 MIN 4, Year 5 Min 1, Moises Gutierrez, Matt Kassian, Erik Reitz
Back to top Go down
stlblues

stlblues

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 3:40 pm

Minnesota Wild wrote:
Well, you could begin by researching the likelyhood of the majority of those prospects ever making the NHL. Alex Grant probably, but most of the others 4th MAYBE 3rd liners but likely AHLers.

Ive done my research on the prospects. They're not the highest of quality. I'll go to 8 mill and Erik Reitz, who is currently playing in the NHL.

I wish the commish would explain to me a little better what is to be done here.

Ok, right now Grant is scoring at almost a PPG pace as a defenseman. He was a defensive player of the week in October, has already been signed to an entry level contract with the Pens. He's also the leading defenisve scorer on the sea dogs.

Luca Caputi put up the most points on his team last season, and was fourth in the OHL. That puts him over Stamkos, BTW. This year for the baby Pens he behind seven guys in scoring, but not too high up on the depth chart either. This is at age 20, and the youngest guy on the team. I think it's a little too early to call him a "likely AHLer". You have to go with potential when dealing with prospects, and he's got top six potential right now.

Sneep is tied for the scoring lead among defensemen on his team(best team in HE, arguably, with a deep blueline), has loads of offensive talent, and carries 205 lbs on his 6'3 frame to boot.

Moon I'm not sold on, I don't see him doing a whole lot in the NHL. But again, he's very young and got some potential.

Curry has been up and down, he was considered one of the best goalies in the NCAA at one point, but has been hot and cold for WBS. In his two NHL appearences he didn't look at all out of place though, and it's way too early to sell him short. 23 for a goalie is nothing.

Veilloux is 6'4, very fast, and very talented. He's been streaky at best, but is currently tied for second on the RO for scoring. Once again, this is a 19 year old kid we're talking about here.

Now let's look at Casey Pierro-Zabotel. Leading the LEAGUE in scoring, tied for second on his team in plus/minus, and another big strong body. Also, only 20.

I guess what I'm getting at here is you are getting a bunch of guys in their teens and early 20s, guys who are dominating or at least in the upper echelon of scoring for their leagues or teams, and you're claiming that you don't think they are going to pan out as much in the NHL? I just don't get it. These aren't guys who are 25 or 26 and have had their shot and look like they won't make it. These aren't 19 year olds who are struggling to produce. This are very young kids, recently drafted, who are playing very well in their respective leagues.

Almost every single one of these guys could probably fetch a draft pick or some player of value from SOME GM in this league. I would say even if Pittsburgh took all his draft picks out of this deal and only sent you these prospects, you are still making out on thise deal.

Look at the prospects that are going back. You want to talk about lifetime AHLers? Kassian has played for four teams in three leagues, he's 22 years old, he's never put up more than 18 points, and he's got no points in 10 games this year for the Aeros. In fact he's struggled to even get on the ice, AVERAGING 44 games a season.

Moises Gutierrez is playing well and has some potential, but his career has been simply devestated by injuries thus far. He was drafted in '04 and is still toiling in the ECHL.

Erik Reitz is 26. He will continue to make news on hockeyfights.com as long as he can keep cracking minor league team rosters. He is a career minor league goon. (edit: Yes, he is currently with the Wild. 2 points and 8 shots on goal in seventeen games. 25 PIMS. The quintessential 4th liner)

I am a very open-minded individual, and I can usually see both sides of a trade even if I do not agree with it. I think I've only vetoed one trade since I came on board here. But seriously. I can't see this abomination being saved in it's current format. This trade will never pass the TC, it needs to be completely rebuilt. Don't feel like we are ganging up on you here, no one is mad. We're just trying to understand how something like this was even put togather. I don't think there's anyone in the SDHL who can figure out how this was even put on the table, it looks like some sort of a practical joke or psychological experiment.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Wild

Minnesota Wild

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 7:02 pm

I've read a lot about these prospects and seen a bit of play. I believe that Grant is the only likely top 4/top 6 player, even though others may make it. The first is being cancelled out.

Erik Reitz is getting 15 minutes a game. You've clearly looked at all the positives possible to build your side of the argument and included only negatives. Reitz should continue to play with the Wild this season. No, he doesn't get a lot of points. It doesn't make him a bad player.

I'm not purely a statistics guy. And we all know that minor league and junior stats dont translate neccesarily into the NHL. There is a reason these prospects are not that highly rated and a reason with the Pens GM does not rate them that highly.

I am trying very hard to rebuild and dont need money right now for signing bonuses. The Pens GM, probably wants to win with the next 2-3 seasons and maybe terribly need money for signing bonuses. I'll up my offer some more, but someone please direct me how? Colton Gillies involved in the offer? I'll do it with heavy heart. But there is maybe the best prospect of the lot.

When I got mocked for my trade of harding and bouchard did people make a move to rescind it? no.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Wild

Minnesota Wild

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 7:24 pm

To PIT: $8M, Year 3 MIN 4, Year 5 Min 1, Year 5 MIN 3, Moises Gutierrez, Clayton Stoner, Marco Scandella
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Wild

Minnesota Wild

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 7:25 pm

stoner and scandonella are legit prospects
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Number of posts : 689
SDHL Team : bruins

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 1
SDHL Position: Commissioner/Supreme Trade Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 8:45 pm

Quote :
Reitz should continue to play with the Wild this season. No, he doesn't get a lot of points. It doesn't make him a bad player.

reitz is only playing until gaborik get back, at which point they will move burns back to D from RW. reitz is the wild's #7 D.
Back to top Go down
stlblues

stlblues

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 8:56 pm

I'm just calling it like I see it. I see a boatload of potential and a boatload of picks going one way, and I see inadequate cash, some other picks, and some prospects I don't believe will do much going the other. You are correct in saying I'm building up my side of the arguement. But then again, I believe I'm right. I'm not on the TC so I guess I shouldn't sit here and tell you what will and won't get vetoed, but I think the answer is pretty obvious and the trade is pretty lopsided. I felt the need to speak my piece and maybe shed some light on why your trade is getting some flak. I do see the motives behind this trade, I guess basically I think Pittsburgh could have gotten a crapload more cash if he would have divied the prospects and picks out to differant teams, or sat on them. This is simply my opinion, maybe I'm wrong. Anyways, I think I'm done crying about this trade :-)

As far as your other trade, I think you did fine on that. Well... as fine as anyone's going to do when they trade with Skwid ;-P

Minnesota Wild wrote:
I've read a lot about these prospects and seen a bit of play. I believe that Grant is the only likely top 4/top 6 player, even though others may make it. The first is being cancelled out.

Erik Reitz is getting 15 minutes a game. You've clearly looked at all the positives possible to build your side of the argument and included only negatives. Reitz should continue to play with the Wild this season. No, he doesn't get a lot of points. It doesn't make him a bad player.

I'm not purely a statistics guy. And we all know that minor league and junior stats dont translate neccesarily into the NHL. There is a reason these prospects are not that highly rated and a reason with the Pens GM does not rate them that highly.

I am trying very hard to rebuild and dont need money right now for signing bonuses. The Pens GM, probably wants to win with the next 2-3 seasons and maybe terribly need money for signing bonuses. I'll up my offer some more, but someone please direct me how? Colton Gillies involved in the offer? I'll do it with heavy heart. But there is maybe the best prospect of the lot.

When I got mocked for my trade of harding and bouchard did people make a move to rescind it? no.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Wild

Minnesota Wild

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 9:16 pm

reitz is only playing until gaborik get back, at which point they will move burns back to D from RW. reitz is the wild's #7 D.[/quote]

like i say, he should be playing with them for the season.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Wild

Minnesota Wild

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 9:19 pm

two things, pitts, what are you thoughts on these developments?

and when might i know about the deal possibly going through? how does this trade council work, it sounds like some sim hockey incarnation of the free masons or the new world order. or ya know, the stone cutters.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Wild

Minnesota Wild

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 9:24 pm

the deal being this

To PIT: $8M, Year 3 MIN 4, Year 5 Min 1, Year 5 MIN 3, Moises Gutierrez, Clayton Stoner, Marco Scandella.
Back to top Go down
Violent Ed Buffalo

Violent Ed Buffalo

Number of posts : 54
Humor : They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 10

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 9:32 pm

This whole thing reminds me of this scene, ENJOY.

Ron Burgundy: Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast.
Champ Kind: It jumped up a notch.
Ron Burgundy: It did, didn't it?
Brick Tamland: Yeah, I stabbed a man in the heart.
Ron Burgundy: I saw that. Brick killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?
Brick Tamland: Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.
Ron Burgundy: Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.
Back to top Go down
http://ashl.netfirms.com/index1.html
FLYERS

FLYERS

Number of posts : 224
SDHL Team : Flyers

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 5

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 9:41 pm

Thanks Ed

What a great movie...adding it to my christmas list.

about the deal since everyone else is putting their 2cents in..and minney is putting his 8Mil in..

I think the deal is ok if maybe a few prospects are taken out. Getting 7 prospects in a deal is alittle crazy..
This deal in bigger then a blockbuster...scale it down abit and it should be ok
Back to top Go down
Violent Ed Buffalo

Violent Ed Buffalo

Number of posts : 54
Humor : They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 10

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 9:44 pm

Look for the second movie also. It's called "Wake Up Ron Burgundy" It's actually the same movie but a second story line they cut out. It's ok. Worth getting.
Back to top Go down
http://ashl.netfirms.com/index1.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Penguins - Wild Deal   Penguins - Wild Deal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Penguins - Wild Deal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next