SDHL Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesLog inRegisterGallerySDHL.orgSDHL RulesAll-Star Game
Poll
is the cormier hit the ugliest of all time?
Yes
Is the League dying? I_vote_lcap36%Is the League dying? I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
No
Is the League dying? I_vote_lcap43%Is the League dying? I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
His reputation makes it worse
Is the League dying? I_vote_lcap21%Is the League dying? I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14
гинеколог астана
Is the League dying? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 5:35 am by Anonymous

Comments: 0
How To Hide Drugs
Is the League dying? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 7:00 pm by Anonymous
How To Help Drug Dealers - lipitor pills During the intake of Lipitor at regular intervals, if you experience a sort of inexplicable pain in the muscles or unusual tiredness, it would be advisable to explain the physical condition to the physician.

Great informative post!
Is the League dying? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 3:53 am by Anonymous
Hello. Never mind, it came back. How do I connect it to the secondary driver as Master & Disconnect all slave hardware from IDE secondary Master?

стрижка классический боб фото
Is the League dying? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:22 pm by Anonymous
У некоторых из них основание скользит по пластиковой формованной ручке. Щетки делают из щетины (иногда называемой перьями или булавками), которая может быть натуральной свиной, пластмассовой, нейлоновой или металлической. Простолюдины, напротив, коротко стриглись и отпускали небольшие аккуратные бородки; над верхней губой волосы выщипывали или сбривали.

http://www.merchantcashadvances.org small business loan
Is the League dying? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:23 pm by Anonymous
If you are looking then you need to go to They gave me a about four months ago and I absolutely love their plan . The cause why I love it is because the unique payment structure lets me to return my only my company makes money . They also extended a couple of interesting ways in which the existent pay back works. They offer three various cases of return choices. The company has thriven a ton since three years ago and now are offering traditional and …

[ Full reading ]

Is the League dying?

Go down 
+4
Les Nordiques
Habs15
bure_HOF
Quaesitor
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Quaesitor

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Is the League dying? Empty
PostSubject: Is the League dying?   Is the League dying? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 10:46 am

I think we have to do something about the league, I thought I was in for a fun time but it seems that half of the league is inactive and the other half doesn't care much.
I'm only checking once in a while to see if something is happening but there's no sign of life whatsoever.
I propose we kick out the inactives and just recruit new people cause this ain't any fun.
Anyway have a good year guys and I wish a Stanley Cup to the real Montreal Canadians!
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Number of posts : 689
SDHL Team : bruins
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 1
SDHL Position: Commissioner/Supreme Trade Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Is the League dying?   Is the League dying? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:08 pm

it's a good question gabriel, and something i've been wondering myself. in case it wasn't obvious to most of you the all star voting served as a de facto activity check. i got votes from 11 GMs. counting my vote makes for 12.

not a good sign.

a modicum of participation is required from each GM to run a functional sim league. i don't believe having 12 active GMs in a 30 team league constitutes a legitimate regular season, hence the current stoppage.

the SDHL currently has 28 GMs in the league. am i supposed to fire and replace 17 of them mid season? at this point i feel like we need to get the guys we have here to step up and participate.

to make a successful sim league you need to have GMs who want to be a part of that league. unfortunately the SDHL is saddled with people who don't really want to be here. or if they do, i'm not sure what they're getting out of it.

the most successful league i'm in is called the Dynasty Hockey League(DHL). the league itself is in its 8th season, while i've been a member since the beginning of season 6. let me tell you a little bit about the DHL.

-the DHL is a 28 team league that started out with a fantasy draft.

-the DHL uses the outdated and inferior FHL software.

-the DHL does not have a nice portal a la the SLHL.

-the forum is both and ugly color, and buggy.

-in the DHL every single UFA of yours hits the open market in Free Agency. no exceptions. not even for your really good players.

-the DHL commissioner doesn't send out league emails.

-he doesn't participate on the forum that much aside from posting league news.

so why is the DHL in its 8th season? because every GM in the league wants to be there and he shows it by participating.

what kind of league do you guys want this to be?
Back to top Go down
Habs15

Habs15

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-08-07

Team Profile
Team Ranking: --
GM Ranking: --
SDHL Position: General Manager

PostSubject: Re: Is the League dying?   Is the League dying? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:18 pm

I've noticed the league going a little south but its not that bad, I've talked to guys who don't go on the site about some deals recently, nothing much happened.

I think what should happen is when the playoffs and trade deadline come around we will see what GM's really care about this league.
Back to top Go down
Les Nordiques

Les Nordiques

Number of posts : 343
SDHL Team : Quebec Nordiques
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: Is the League dying?   Is the League dying? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:34 pm

I think (hope?) it's just the part of the season we're in now. During the off-season, when I joined, there were about 15-20 GM's who would appear on that "online within the last 24 hrs" list; now, there are usually 4 or 5.

As Ben said, around the time of the playoffs and trade deadline is hopefully when we'll see people become more active again.

BTW, Joe, Ben, Gabriel, Mark, the other Mark, and I are almost always on that 24 hr list. Rarely see anyone else... (though Skwid likes his privacy and doesn't let us know when he's online)
Back to top Go down
FLYERS

FLYERS

Number of posts : 224
SDHL Team : Flyers
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 5

PostSubject: Re: Is the League dying?   Is the League dying? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:35 pm

I hope that after the holidays that the league picks up again.

I do like the way the league is set up. I dont think it needs any major changes.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Number of posts : 689
SDHL Team : bruins

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 1
SDHL Position: Commissioner/Supreme Trade Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Is the League dying?   Is the League dying? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 3:25 pm

i'm glad to see that a few of you have already responded.

participation doesn't have to be just trades, or trade talks. why don't we hardly ever discuss hockey on these boards? we're all hockey fans. the WJC are taking place right now. nothing. there are all of the team canada roster spot debates, too. it would be great to see some state of the team/league articles every now and then. there are a lot of things we can all do to entertain each other and spice up the league a lot more.
Back to top Go down
Quaesitor

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Is the League dying?   Is the League dying? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:47 pm

I'm glad some of you answered my call, but we've not really answered the question, what are we going to do. Now the league is halted so even if we think the activity is getting back at the trade deadline, this deadline isn't coming until the calendar continues it's course.
So what do we do?
Wait till the 2nd week of january?
Back to top Go down
stlblues

stlblues

Number of posts : 271
SDHL Team : St. Louis Blues

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 29

PostSubject: Re: Is the League dying?   Is the League dying? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:05 pm

11 GMs responding to an activity check is not a good sign. Especially considering that it wasn't long ago that Joe could barely keep up with trade processing.

I'll admit I haven't been very active as of late, I have been busy with the holidays and work, etc. However I still probably should make it to the boards more often. I think if even just a few of us contributed more regularly to the forum discussion, it would draw more people to the boards on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
stlblues

stlblues

Number of posts : 271
SDHL Team : St. Louis Blues

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 29

PostSubject: Re: Is the League dying?   Is the League dying? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:07 pm

To add to that, there are 24 responses in the skills competition, so it's obvious a majority of the GMs are still around.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Wild

Minnesota Wild

Number of posts : 198

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 11

PostSubject: Re: Is the League dying?   Is the League dying? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 1:03 pm

im still following the league games, but theres nothing i want to do with my team right now.

as for the lack of all-star vote, that was just me being lazy during my holiday break, apologies
Back to top Go down
cbj

Number of posts : 80
SDHL Team : Columbus Blue Jackets
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: Is the League dying?   Is the League dying? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:12 am

I really want this league to start being "the league to be in again" it was a fun place this summer so hopefully we get back there. Though I am kinda in the same boat as Jake ...... Not alot I want to do with my team right now. I think with all the trades that went down earlier this is hopefully just a natural cycle that will pick up again now that we are half way through the season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the League dying?   Is the League dying? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is the League dying?
Page 1 of 1