SDHL Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesLog inRegisterGallerySDHL.orgSDHL RulesAll-Star Game
Poll
is the cormier hit the ugliest of all time?
Yes
Your American Olympic Roster I_vote_lcap36%Your American Olympic Roster I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
No
Your American Olympic Roster I_vote_lcap43%Your American Olympic Roster I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
His reputation makes it worse
Your American Olympic Roster I_vote_lcap21%Your American Olympic Roster I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14
гинеколог астана
Your American Olympic Roster I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 5:35 am by Anonymous

Comments: 0
How To Hide Drugs
Your American Olympic Roster I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 7:00 pm by Anonymous
How To Help Drug Dealers - lipitor pills During the intake of Lipitor at regular intervals, if you experience a sort of inexplicable pain in the muscles or unusual tiredness, it would be advisable to explain the physical condition to the physician.

Great informative post!
Your American Olympic Roster I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 3:53 am by Anonymous
Hello. Never mind, it came back. How do I connect it to the secondary driver as Master & Disconnect all slave hardware from IDE secondary Master?

стрижка классический боб фото
Your American Olympic Roster I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:22 pm by Anonymous
У некоторых из них основание скользит по пластиковой формованной ручке. Щетки делают из щетины (иногда называемой перьями или булавками), которая может быть натуральной свиной, пластмассовой, нейлоновой или металлической. Простолюдины, напротив, коротко стриглись и отпускали небольшие аккуратные бородки; над верхней губой волосы выщипывали или сбривали.

http://www.merchantcashadvances.org small business loan
Your American Olympic Roster I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:23 pm by Anonymous
If you are looking then you need to go to They gave me a about four months ago and I absolutely love their plan . The cause why I love it is because the unique payment structure lets me to return my only my company makes money . They also extended a couple of interesting ways in which the existent pay back works. They offer three various cases of return choices. The company has thriven a ton since three years ago and now are offering traditional and …

[ Full reading ]

Your American Olympic Roster

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Les Nordiques

Les Nordiques

Number of posts : 343
SDHL Team : Quebec Nordiques
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Team Profile
Team Ranking: --
GM Ranking: --
SDHL Position: General Manager

Your American Olympic Roster Empty
PostSubject: Your American Olympic Roster   Your American Olympic Roster I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 7:30 pm

Well, the Canadian roster has been announced and already the topic has been beaten to death. So let's start killing another one!

I truly believe the American roster was harder for me to predict than the Canadian one. There are so many decent options, especially for the bottom two lines and last defensive pairing. Even the goaltending isn't a sure-fire thing beyond Miller.

Here's my roster:

Parise - Stastny - Kessel
Ryan - Pavelski - Kane
Malone (A) - Kesler - Brown
Umberger - Modano (C) - Langenbrunner (A)
Backes

Whitney - Rafalski (A)
Suter - Orpik
Martin - E Johnson
Komisarek

Miller - Thomas
Anderson

It was frigging tough for me to leave a few guys off - particularly Callahan, Guerin, Connolly, Ballard, Gleason, and Howard. But I went with the roster I think Burke will pick based on what he's said. He seems to develop man-crushes much in the same way Pierre McGuire does.

Anyway, the first two lines are pure skill, and there are a few game-breakers up there. Pavelski is easily inter-changeable with Connolly, and frankly, none of these lines matter a whole lot.

Third and fourth lines are filled with grit, heart, two-way play, and even some scoring. Burke seems to have some love affair with Modano, so I'm giving him the C (he is one of the best Americans ever).

Defence looks pretty weak, to be honest. It's not bad at all, and in the future, with guys like E Johnson, J Johnson, Bogosian, Suter, and the rest of them, they could be quite good. But for now.... bleh. They don't really have a stud defenseman the way Canada, Russia, and Sweden do. Their guys are all primarily one-dimensional players.

And finally, the brightest spot of the roster - goaltending. Miller has been, IMO, the best goalie in the league this year. Thomas is still very good, at least in my eyes, and Anderson has stolen the show in Colorado.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Number of posts : 689
SDHL Team : bruins
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 1
SDHL Position: Commissioner/Supreme Trade Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Your American Olympic Roster   Your American Olympic Roster I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:01 pm

the americans are going to have to hope that their youthful exuberance makes up for their lack of experience, but they do have a lot of talent. not as much as the big three. good thing hockey isn't soley about talent.
Back to top Go down
Les Nordiques

Les Nordiques

Number of posts : 343
SDHL Team : Quebec Nordiques
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: Your American Olympic Roster   Your American Olympic Roster I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 7:06 pm

I went 19-for-23.

Downright shocked that Ryan Whitney and Craig Anderson were left off the list.

Not at all surprised by Callahan's inclusion, though Drury's is a slight surprise, as is J Johnson's.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Number of posts : 689
SDHL Team : bruins
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 1
SDHL Position: Commissioner/Supreme Trade Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Your American Olympic Roster   Your American Olympic Roster I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 8:30 pm

im a little surprised at the omission of anderson myself. jack johnson at -11 is also maybe a little bit of a surprise, but despite the poor +/- he is much improved this season.
Back to top Go down
stlblues

stlblues

Number of posts : 271
SDHL Team : St. Louis Blues
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 29

PostSubject: Re: Your American Olympic Roster   Your American Olympic Roster I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 11:36 am

Just a nit-pick, but Chris Chelios is the greatest American player ever :-)

Like Joe said, there's some nice skill, and some great goaltending, but not a lot of experience. It's going to be interesting to see how they handle some of the more high octane teams, like Russia and Canada.

Overall, though, I'm happy with the team. Plus "Norris winning goaltender" Tim Thomas is on the team, per NBC... good representation of my home state in net.
Back to top Go down
IslandersGM

IslandersGM

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-10-08

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: Your American Olympic Roster   Your American Olympic Roster I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:16 am

Miller will be the key to this american team. He has the ability to put the team on his back and carry them through some big games. If he doesn't this team will be hard pressed to win a medal.
Back to top Go down
Skwid

Skwid

Number of posts : 446
Humor : is spelled wrong.
SDHL Team : Los Angeles Kings
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 2
SDHL Position: Co-Commissioner

PostSubject: Re: Your American Olympic Roster   Your American Olympic Roster I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:20 pm

stlblues wrote:
Just a nit-pick, but Chris Chelios is the greatest American player ever :-)
You got something against Joey Mullen? Razz

Quote :
Overall, though, I'm happy with the team. Plus "Norris winning goaltender" Tim Thomas is on the team, per NBC... good representation of my home state in net.
Tim Thomas was that good last season. He snuck the Norris right out from underneath Chara...those crafty Bruins, I tell ya!
Back to top Go down
http://www.skwidslair.net
stlblues

stlblues

Number of posts : 271
SDHL Team : St. Louis Blues
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 29

PostSubject: Re: Your American Olympic Roster   Your American Olympic Roster I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:59 pm

Yeah, I don't remember if it was Milbury or Pang that said that, I wasn't really paying that close attention... but I about spit my drink up when I heard it.

How ridiculous, everyone knows goalies can only win the Selke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your American Olympic Roster   Your American Olympic Roster I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your American Olympic Roster
Page 1 of 1