SDHL Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesLog inRegisterGallerySDHL.orgSDHL RulesAll-Star Game
Poll
is the cormier hit the ugliest of all time?
Yes
DET-CBJ Trade I_vote_lcap36%DET-CBJ Trade I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
No
DET-CBJ Trade I_vote_lcap43%DET-CBJ Trade I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
His reputation makes it worse
DET-CBJ Trade I_vote_lcap21%DET-CBJ Trade I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14
гинеколог астана
DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 5:35 am by Anonymous

Comments: 0
How To Hide Drugs
DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 7:00 pm by Anonymous
How To Help Drug Dealers - lipitor pills During the intake of Lipitor at regular intervals, if you experience a sort of inexplicable pain in the muscles or unusual tiredness, it would be advisable to explain the physical condition to the physician.

Great informative post!
DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 3:53 am by Anonymous
Hello. Never mind, it came back. How do I connect it to the secondary driver as Master & Disconnect all slave hardware from IDE secondary Master?

стрижка классический боб фото
DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:22 pm by Anonymous
У некоторых из них основание скользит по пластиковой формованной ручке. Щетки делают из щетины (иногда называемой перьями или булавками), которая может быть натуральной свиной, пластмассовой, нейлоновой или металлической. Простолюдины, напротив, коротко стриглись и отпускали небольшие аккуратные бородки; над верхней губой волосы выщипывали или сбривали.

http://www.merchantcashadvances.org small business loan
DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:23 pm by Anonymous
If you are looking then you need to go to They gave me a about four months ago and I absolutely love their plan . The cause why I love it is because the unique payment structure lets me to return my only my company makes money . They also extended a couple of interesting ways in which the existent pay back works. They offer three various cases of return choices. The company has thriven a ton since three years ago and now are offering traditional and …

[ Full reading ]

DET-CBJ Trade

Go down 
+3
bure_HOF
Thrashers GM
drapes
7 posters
AuthorMessage
drapes

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 8
GM Ranking: --
SDHL Position: General Manager

DET-CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: DET-CBJ Trade   DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:18 pm

To Detroit: Marian Gaborik, Gary Roberts, Cody Goloubef, YR 3 COL4
To Columbus: Marian Hossa, Johan Franzen

I agree
Back to top Go down
Thrashers GM

Thrashers GM

Number of posts : 429
Humor : None.
SDHL Team : Atlanta Thrashers
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 3
SDHL Position: Consigliere

DET-CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: DET-CBJ Trade   DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:20 pm

CBJ Agrees.

Hossa is a pending UFA, I only have Recchi so I can afford to resign him. Gaborik is to rerate to a 80 OV and is signed for 2 years. Unfortunately, so is Franzen so instead of being forced to loose another star player next year, I gave him a solid replacement for this season, a budding prospect and a draft pick.

Not a fair deal in the old SDHL, but a fair one now.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Number of posts : 689
SDHL Team : bruins

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 1
SDHL Position: Commissioner/Supreme Trade Overlord

DET-CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: DET-CBJ Trade   DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:03 pm

great trade for both teams. its hard to be disappointed in my decision to implement the new (U)FA rule when it leads to huge blockbuster deals that make both teams better. 
Back to top Go down
Skwid

Skwid

Number of posts : 446
Humor : is spelled wrong.
SDHL Team : Los Angeles Kings
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 2
SDHL Position: Co-Commissioner

DET-CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: DET-CBJ Trade   DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:25 pm

Yeah, helluva deal for Detroit...no way he would have got more. lol

Nice steal, Dev.
Back to top Go down
http://www.skwidslair.net
FLYERS

FLYERS

Number of posts : 224
SDHL Team : Flyers
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 5

DET-CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: DET-CBJ Trade   DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 12:03 am

is it me
or are the red wings losing this deal big time

How the hell is Gaborik going to be an 80

I am new to sims. But if a player doesnt play most of the games how is he one of the top rated players in the league
Back to top Go down
Skwid

Skwid

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

DET-CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: DET-CBJ Trade   DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 12:10 am

He'll actually rerate to a 79. Gabby's an elite player and no one will ever argue that. His DU will be hit, but he's still rated as an elite player. That said, Hossa rerates to an 80. Franzen to a 75. The prospect is a 7.5C D-man playing in NCAA.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

DET-CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: DET-CBJ Trade   DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 1:08 am

first off, i must say i regret my earlier statement that this was a great trade for both teams after looking at the new rerates. i was mistakenly figuring franzen to be much closer to his current 69ov.

skwid,

are you looking at a different rerate page than you sent me? i see hossa as a 79 and gaborik as an 80. however, i do see franzen as a 75ov.

given the reasoning that
Quote :
Gaborik is to rerate to a 80 OV and is signed for 2 years. Unfortunately, so is Franzen so instead of being forced to loose another star player next year, I gave him a solid replacement for this season, a budding prospect and a draft pick.

is faulty, as there is no reason assume that following year two the ER-UFA number will still be one. i believe ive made this abundantly clear. im going to put this trade under review.

not to mention the fact that even if the year two ER-UFA number was one why would detroit have to take a dive on franzen now instead of just trading him at a later time when he is even more valuable than usual? (if you dont understand why a ER-UFA is more valuable than a similarly rated player who is not, please ask me)

hossa is worth more gaborik, but in the sim world not by too much.
Back to top Go down

DET-CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: DET-CBJ Trade   DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 8:24 am

THis is a terrible trade for Detroit, and a perfect example of why the new UFA rule doesn't work.
Detroit gets Gaborik a 3rd rounder and a prospect that will almost certainly be a 3rd line energy guy in Columbus, for two very good players.
Lets say for instance Gaborik and Hossa cancel eachother out. Franzen is worth a lot mroe they Goloubef and a 3rd.
(Roberts is retired and only relevent for the last 10 gmaes of this season)
Back to top Go down
Thrashers GM

Thrashers GM

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

DET-CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: DET-CBJ Trade   DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 2:10 pm

bure_HOF wrote:
first off, i must say i regret my earlier statement that this was a great trade for both teams after looking at the new rerates. i was mistakenly figuring franzen to be much closer to his current 69ov.

skwid,

are you looking at a different rerate page than you sent me? i see hossa as a 79 and gaborik as an 80. however, i do see franzen as a 75ov.

given the reasoning that
Quote :
Gaborik is to rerate to a 80 OV and is signed for 2 years. Unfortunately, so is Franzen so instead of being forced to loose another star player next year, I gave him a solid replacement for this season, a budding prospect and a draft pick.

is faulty, as there is no reason assume that following year two the ER-UFA number will still be one. i believe ive made this abundantly clear. im going to put this trade under review.

not to mention the fact that even if the year two ER-UFA number was one why would detroit have to take a dive on franzen now instead of just trading him at a later time when he is even more valuable than usual? (if you dont understand why a ER-UFA is more valuable than a similarly rated player who is not, please ask me)

hossa is worth more gaborik, but in the sim world not by too much.

How is my statement even remotely faulty? At the start of this season, everyone expected to be able to resign 5 UFA's... that changed 3 days ago to only being able to resign 1. Next year you could say it'll be 3, but one week before trade deadline we get screwed again. Why should Detroit have to loose a star player for nothing?

As it stands, can anyone offer Detroit a player in the same league as Hossa straight up?

No.

Gaborik is signed 2 years, if he doesn't make this trade he looses Hossa to FA cause he simply can't bid with everyone else. Hossa is technically a little bit better then Gaborik, but Gaborik's long term contract makes him infinitely more valuable then Hossa THIS season.

You ask why Detroit has to take a dive? Cause why would I trade an infinitely more valuable player for a UFA for nothing? Detroit technically takes a hit NEXT season, but because they'll have Gaborik they technically DON'T. See, cause if they had been able to keep Hossa they'd have Franzen too... but they can't keep Hossa, so they have to pay to get a player of equal value to Hossa as he is right now. Franzen isn't Gaborik... so he's getting an upgrade over having nothing... Gaborik will also be an 80 compaired to Franzens 75.

Am I making sense?

Here... maybe this will help.

This season, The Wings have Zetterberg and Hossa as UFA's. They can only afford to resign one. Next season they have Franzen as their big UFA. Good for them next year, but this year they get screwed.

This season I have no UFA's in CBJ, but next Season Gaborik is a UFA.

If I trade Gabi for Hossa straight up, next season he gets screwed by having 2 UFA's AGAIN.

Because we have no word on if they will change or stay at 1, this is a redundant problem for Detroit.

Of course, I'm in a seller's position.

Of course I may not get the better end of this deal, why? Because I have no 100% gaurantee that Hossa the UFA will resign with my team. So why trade an elite first liner for nothing? Franzen and Roberts are equal this season. Next, Franzen goes to a 75 while Roberts disapears. This opens more cap room for Detroit but also gives them a suitable replacement for their cup run this season. Meaning they can sign a UFA or call up a prospect like Helm next year.

I however, need a back up plan if Hossa doesn't resign. Franzen rerates to a 75 next season so that makes him a suitable back up. Yes, I'm underpaying... but look at it this way.

Hossa (the UFA) for Gary Roberts, a decent prospect and a draft pick.

Franzen for Gaborik.

Since he was getting nothing at the end of the season for Hossa, at least he's getting a prospect and pick. I'm getting screwed in a straight up deal in Franzen for Gaborik. Try to deny it, but it would be near impossible. Franzen is a third liner, but his stats make him close to a second. Bloated stats where Gaborik is pure offensive talent. Both are UFA's in 2 seasons and if both remained healthy, every NHL GM would take Gaborik over Franzen.

This deal is 100% fair.
Back to top Go down
Winnipeg Jets

Number of posts : 113
Humor : look at yourself

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 25

DET-CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: DET-CBJ Trade   DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 8:00 pm

I agree, this trade is fair under the new rules. If the rule on UFA's was different, heck ya this wouldnt be a fair trade. However it is what it is and its fair.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

DET-CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: DET-CBJ Trade   DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 9:46 pm

Quote :
How is my statement even remotely faulty? At the start of this season, everyone expected to be able to resign 5 UFA's
yeah, and then you stopped being the commish.

Quote :
As it stands, can anyone offer Detroit a player in the same league as Hossa straight up?
how about vinny? heck, he's even on the block.

Quote :
Hossa is technically a little bit better then Gaborik, but Gaborik's long term contract makes him infinitely more valuable then Hossa THIS season.
its pretty clear that you've put very little thought into this since your conclusion is the polar opposite of the truth. not to mention that gaborik's deal is for two more seasons. not exactly "long term".

Quote :
Of course I may not get the better end of this deal, why? Because I have no 100% gaurantee that Hossa the UFA will resign with my team.
yes you do. apparently you havent read the new rule change at all. it would be nice if you did rather than complain about non existent problems.

again, hossa is worth a little more than gaborik. something in the range of gaborik and a 2nd+3rd, or gaborik and an ok spec, like golubef. im sure we all agree that hossa is a better nhl player due largley to gaborik's habit of missing 20+ games per year, but in the sim world that doesnt seem to matter much.

now are you going to work this out, or should detroit start listening to other offers?

Last edited by bure_HOF on Sat May 16, 2009 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Predators_jaytiby4

Predators_jaytiby4

Number of posts : 121
SDHL Team : Hamilton Predators
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 4

DET-CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: DET-CBJ Trade   DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 7:18 am

Did the original deal get rejected? Was it even voted on? I am one the many that feel Detroit got shafted but I think it should still go through the process. Or has this rule changed too! Wink

I think most will agree this trade attempt was a product of Joe's UFA rule change. Let's be honest here Dev was not going to pay for Hossa's full worth and why would he. He took advantage of the new rule change that is forceing Detroit to trade for something rather than lose him at season end. Detroit WAS going to lose him at seasons end as I guarantee a gm would have offered the the max cap hit plus signing bonus money!
Back to top Go down
Thrashers GM

Thrashers GM

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

DET-CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: DET-CBJ Trade   DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 1:27 pm

I've had no official word that this trade has been rejected, nor has Detroit.

As tomorrow is the trade deadline, I fully expect to be notified ASAP or this deal should go through. If it's to be nullified, I would like enough time to rework a deal.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

DET-CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: DET-CBJ Trade   DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:35 pm

Quote :
now are you going to work this out, or should detroit start listening to other offers?

i thought this would have made it clear. this deal, as it was presented, is rejected. im sure you can and will work something else out.
Back to top Go down
Thrashers GM

Thrashers GM

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

DET-CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: DET-CBJ Trade   DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 5:40 pm

What were the final votes?
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

DET-CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: DET-CBJ Trade   DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:40 pm

1-0 against.
Back to top Go down
Predators_jaytiby4

Predators_jaytiby4

Number of posts : 121
SDHL Team : Hamilton Predators
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 4

DET-CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: DET-CBJ Trade   DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 6:48 am

I hardly call that a vote! Wink
Back to top Go down

DET-CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: DET-CBJ Trade   DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 10:05 am

Turns out there's only one member. Wink
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

DET-CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: DET-CBJ Trade   DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:23 pm

before i took over as commish shawn lawrence was the only member of the 'TC'. when we talked he explained that he didnt have a lot of time right now, so i assumed this role. so if anyone has any complaints about this system i hope they are retroactive to when shawn was first appointed the job. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrashers GM

Thrashers GM

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

DET-CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: DET-CBJ Trade   DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 9:07 pm

Shawn, Skwid, Myself, Mike Clost and a couple others were TC members... it all depended on who was on at what time.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

DET-CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: DET-CBJ Trade   DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 9:09 pm

ok. i think skwid just handed all TC duties over to shawn when he took over.
Back to top Go down
Skwid

Skwid

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

DET-CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: DET-CBJ Trade   DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 9:33 pm

There was a certain amount of trust involved when I went to Shawn with trade challenges. I respect the way he thinks and he sees deals from all angles. For the brief time that I was supposed to be in charge, it was just easier for me to do it that way...but I didn't rely solely on him. If other people I trusted enough were on, I'd run it by them. ie, Dev, Mike, Jay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DET-CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: DET-CBJ Trade   DET-CBJ Trade I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DET-CBJ Trade
Page 1 of 1