SDHL Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesLog inRegisterGallerySDHL.orgSDHL RulesAll-Star Game
Poll
is the cormier hit the ugliest of all time?
Yes
Kings/Buds I_vote_lcap36%Kings/Buds I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
No
Kings/Buds I_vote_lcap43%Kings/Buds I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
His reputation makes it worse
Kings/Buds I_vote_lcap21%Kings/Buds I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14
гинеколог астана
Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 5:35 am by Anonymous

Comments: 0
How To Hide Drugs
Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 7:00 pm by Anonymous
How To Help Drug Dealers - lipitor pills During the intake of Lipitor at regular intervals, if you experience a sort of inexplicable pain in the muscles or unusual tiredness, it would be advisable to explain the physical condition to the physician.

Great informative post!
Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 3:53 am by Anonymous
Hello. Never mind, it came back. How do I connect it to the secondary driver as Master & Disconnect all slave hardware from IDE secondary Master?

стрижка классический боб фото
Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:22 pm by Anonymous
У некоторых из них основание скользит по пластиковой формованной ручке. Щетки делают из щетины (иногда называемой перьями или булавками), которая может быть натуральной свиной, пластмассовой, нейлоновой или металлической. Простолюдины, напротив, коротко стриглись и отпускали небольшие аккуратные бородки; над верхней губой волосы выщипывали или сбривали.

http://www.merchantcashadvances.org small business loan
Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:23 pm by Anonymous
If you are looking then you need to go to They gave me a about four months ago and I absolutely love their plan . The cause why I love it is because the unique payment structure lets me to return my only my company makes money . They also extended a couple of interesting ways in which the existent pay back works. They offer three various cases of return choices. The company has thriven a ton since three years ago and now are offering traditional and …

[ Full reading ]

Kings/Buds

Go down 
+2
Thrashers GM
Skwid
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Skwid

Skwid

Number of posts : 446
Humor : is spelled wrong.
SDHL Team : Los Angeles Kings
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 2
SDHL Position: Co-Commissioner

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:42 am

To Los Angeles: Luke Schenn, Tomas Kaberle, Jiri Tlusty

To Toronto: Mike Komisarek, Matt Greene, Year 2 QUE 1st, Year 2 LA 2nd

LA accepts.

Last edited by Skwid on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Reworked trade.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.skwidslair.net

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:42 am

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Thrashers GM

Thrashers GM

Number of posts : 429
Humor : None.
SDHL Team : Atlanta Thrashers
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 3
SDHL Position: Consigliere

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:05 pm

Before I challenge this one... can someone explain it?

Kaberle is a 76 OV, great offense and little chance that'll change as he's only 31 years old. Signed cheap for 3 more years... Schenn is a 20 year old 72OV with potential in spades, Tlusty isn't that shabby either but is more of a project now then anything... I'm not sure how that equals to Komisarek who has one year left then will have to be resigned for $5M a season, Greene who is 26 and finally showed something last season but will likely move down the NHL Kings depth chart as he's replaced by Hickey, Tuelbert, Quincy, Doughty, Johnson and god knows who else. He's a 6th D now at best. The first is good, but the Stars were close to the play off bubble last year and now they're in a much much weaker division. They could finish top of their division.

This deal makes zero sense to me and I would just like it cleared up.
Back to top Go down

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:20 pm

It makes little sense to me too.
Schenn is set to be a top pairing D-man at only 20. Kaberle is a perennial all-star with a rating that is not going to fall soon and Tlusty was the best player in teh AHL during the second half of last season.

Another deal that LA is getting WAY too much for what they're giving up.
Back to top Go down
Thrashers GM

Thrashers GM

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:26 pm

Sigh, official challenge issued then.

The more I look into it, the less I can see why this deal makes sense... also considering I know nothing of the Montreal GM.
Back to top Go down

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:32 pm

You mean Toronto GM?
Back to top Go down
Thrashers GM

Thrashers GM

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:38 pm

meh... I don't care about you other GM's enough to remember what team you're all on, lol.
Back to top Go down
Buffalo Sabres

Buffalo Sabres

Number of posts : 137
SDHL Team : Buffalo Sabres
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Team Profile
Team Ranking: --
GM Ranking: --
SDHL Position: General Manager

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 4:42 pm

yeah i must agree with these GM's this trade does not fair well for the leafs, leafs loose kaberle Schenn and tlusty for what, a 1st and komisarek and greene,

greene of tlusty okay
then i just cant seem to match anything else up
komi and a 1st for a solid Dman in kaberle and a stud young gun in schenn, i dont think so
Back to top Go down
ChicagoGM

ChicagoGM

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 5:22 pm

I concur with the above posts
Back to top Go down
Skwid

Skwid

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 7:08 pm

It was our own Commissioner who once said that people should be willing to overpay for players they like. Kaz really likes Komisarek.

Schenn is a stay at home D, and is likely not going to get much better than he already is. He'll get a little stronger, maybe. He'll get a little more experienced. But his SC, PA and DF stats are not likely going to change much over the years.

Kaz also has a low opinion of Kaberle and wanted him gone. And, for the record, the pick could be a solid pick. Then again, maybe not. He's banking on it being a top ten. That's the risk he takes.

The hottest young goalie in the league right now gets traded for pocket change and a goalie that hasn't played more than 50 games in two years...and the two teams involved were run by the same GM.

Erat's allowed to be dealt for a song because it's a 'salary dump'.

No one bitched when I overpaid for Suter and Weber. No one bitched when I overpaid for Komisarek in the first place.

No problem.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Number of posts : 689
SDHL Team : bruins

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 1
SDHL Position: Commissioner/Supreme Trade Overlord

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:49 pm

kaz can have whatever opinion of a player he wants, but as a new gm he should get value for any highly rated player he moves. if he really, really wanted komisarek gone then why not just give up kaberle? was there any reason you had to get schenn out of this deal?

no one bitches when there is a perception that you overpaid in a deal because you're a veteran gm.

the pitt trade was a legit salary dump. could mike have done better? maybe. but its not like erat is an especially hot item at $4M/yr.

the atl-cbj deal was not between dev and dev. it was between me and dev. yes, that is a trade that would normally have no business passing, but it was a good move for the league. cbj is still stacked and dev took a dead franchise and has been super active with them. the league has no regrets about that deal.

although i agree, someone should have bitched at your komisarek deal. Razz
Back to top Go down
Skwid

Skwid

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:55 pm

Yet, no one does...because I'm a 'veteran'? Burnsie isn't exactly a spring chicken either. He's made every team he's taken over more competitive in the long run. He likes to win games and could care less about rebuilding (remember SLHL Chicago?). If he has a gameplan, I would think he's proven himself enough for people to realize he knows what he's doing.

Kaz is new, sure...but the whole 'why I had to get Schenn out of this deal' is ridiculous. He was the main player I wanted.
Back to top Go down
stlblues

stlblues

Number of posts : 271
SDHL Team : St. Louis Blues
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 29

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:57 pm

Just out of curiosity, with the league under new management is the TC still intact? Is this something that will just eventually get voted on, or are we going to the "Judge Dredd" system of trade committee?
Back to top Go down
Skwid

Skwid

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:01 pm

No TC that I'm aware of.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:02 pm

burnsie's vet status is irrelevant in a deal that lopsided.

if you want schenn so badly then try giving up more than matt greene.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:32 pm

the TC for the off season will be whoever decides to speak up on trades in the forum/email + me(as long as im not involved in a challenged deal).

the way its been working so far is that someone challenges and if i see that the next few GMs who comment have the same feelings about the trade it will be veto'd, or possibly the two GMs will be given a chance to rework the deal, which i am all for.

i dont really like the idea of a permanent TC for various reasons and would rather include as much of the league as possible. i also do think that there should be leeway to win or lose trades. they just have to make some sense.

ultimately i will make the final call on deals not involving me, but im hoping that the system continues as it has been; i.e., a handful of the league GMs make the decision for me.

if there is difficulty coming to a consensus we can always go the old route of having 3-5 GMs vote on the deal.
Back to top Go down
stlblues

stlblues

Team Profile

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:06 am

Sounds fair.
Back to top Go down

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:31 am

Skwid, you mention Schenn being a stay at home d-man who's value won't improve that much?
Isn't that what Komisarek is? The difference is Schenn still has much more up side of the two.

And for the record, you're right, that Atlanta/Columbus deal was simply ridiculous I was pissed no one challanged it, I would have but the topic was closed and the trade was proccessed by the time I got home from vacation.
Back to top Go down
stlblues

stlblues

Team Profile

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:48 am

I think everyone thought the Columbust-Atlanta trade was garbage, but there was also reasoning behind it. Atlanta was a vacant team for a long time, NO ONE wanted it. If you want someone to switch from a loaded young team on the rise with plenty of young stars, you have to offer something in return.

If Joe came to me and asked me to switch over to Edmonton because we were having trouble filling that spot and he thought he'd have better luck getting someone to come in and take over St. Louis I would damn sure want some compensation. Something along the lines of taking Eller with me, or pulling a lopsided trade to make it worth my while.

So yeah, the trade wasn't fair from a GM's standpoint, but I do think it's a fair act of compensation.
Back to top Go down

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:51 am

It shouldn't work that way.

If he's going to take over the shitty franchise, the reasoning probably has something to do with the challange of building a contender from the basement. It defeats the purpose if your'e going to do it though pre-arranged lopsided trades.
Back to top Go down
stlblues

stlblues

Team Profile

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:55 am

I'll give you that one. Hell, look at where the Islanders were when you took them over.
Back to top Go down

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:07 am

Exactly, I had a choice of 4 teams and I chose the Islanders for a reason.
Back to top Go down

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:51 am

I really didn't think the deal was that bad.  I wanted to bring in Komisarek and was willing to pay the price for it.  I liked the fact that it was also going to land me a pick that would likely turn out to be something better than Tlusty.  The pick and Greene was worth Kaberle -- yes, yes it is-- and to bring in one of my favourite D men I was willing to give back a young D and a guy that hasn't lived up to his potential and I personally believe he won't ever.
Back to top Go down

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:53 am

Hasn't lived up to his potential?
Tlusty is 23 and was the best palyer in the AHL for the last half of the year.

Schenn is Komisarek but younger and with more up side.

Schenn alone is worth more then him.
Back to top Go down

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:28 am

So, at 23 years old I'm to hope that one half a season in the AHL translates into him being a top six forward?  Maybe in Toronto with their current situation, but he'd be stuck in the minors on most other teams.  As Skwid mentioned earlier, sometimes you overpay to get a player you really like.  In this case the player I really like is Komisarek.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kings/Buds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kings/Buds
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next