SDHL Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesLog inRegisterGallerySDHL.orgSDHL RulesAll-Star Game
Poll
is the cormier hit the ugliest of all time?
Yes
Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_vote_lcap36%Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
No
Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_vote_lcap43%Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
His reputation makes it worse
Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14
гинеколог астана
Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 5:35 am by Anonymous

Comments: 0
How To Hide Drugs
Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 7:00 pm by Anonymous
How To Help Drug Dealers - lipitor pills During the intake of Lipitor at regular intervals, if you experience a sort of inexplicable pain in the muscles or unusual tiredness, it would be advisable to explain the physical condition to the physician.

Great informative post!
Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 3:53 am by Anonymous
Hello. Never mind, it came back. How do I connect it to the secondary driver as Master & Disconnect all slave hardware from IDE secondary Master?

стрижка классический боб фото
Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:22 pm by Anonymous
У некоторых из них основание скользит по пластиковой формованной ручке. Щетки делают из щетины (иногда называемой перьями или булавками), которая может быть натуральной свиной, пластмассовой, нейлоновой или металлической. Простолюдины, напротив, коротко стриглись и отпускали небольшие аккуратные бородки; над верхней губой волосы выщипывали или сбривали.

http://www.merchantcashadvances.org small business loan
Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:23 pm by Anonymous
If you are looking then you need to go to They gave me a about four months ago and I absolutely love their plan . The cause why I love it is because the unique payment structure lets me to return my only my company makes money . They also extended a couple of interesting ways in which the existent pay back works. They offer three various cases of return choices. The company has thriven a ton since three years ago and now are offering traditional and …

[ Full reading ]

Kings/Buds

Go down 
+2
Thrashers GM
Skwid
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Kings/Buds - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:37 am

You can think what you want about the guy (giving up on a 23 year old who showed so much promise last year seems a little odd to me), but the fact remains this trade is too overly lopsided. There’s overpaying and then there’s a complete rip off.
Back to top Go down
ChicagoGM

ChicagoGM

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:46 am

I think what people mean is that even if you really like Komisarek, Schenn is already worth more than Komisarek. He's younger, cheaper and likely already better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:48 am

Exactly
Back to top Go down
Skwid

Skwid

Number of posts : 446
Humor : is spelled wrong.
SDHL Team : Los Angeles Kings
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 2
SDHL Position: Co-Commissioner

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:59 am

Trade has been reworked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.skwidslair.net

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:01 am

ChicagoGM wrote:
I think what people mean is that even if you really like Komisarek, Schenn is already worth more than Komisarek. He's younger, cheaper and likely already better.
There's a difference between liking an actual player and liking a type of player.  Unlike Burke, I was not able to sign Komisarek, I had to trade for him.  Komisarek will be more valuable to me in my quest to get back to the playoffs than Schenn.  Doesn't matter, we reworked the deal.
Back to top Go down
ChicagoGM

ChicagoGM

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:04 am

I think adding a 2nd rounder and saying it's been reworked is almost like laughing in our faces... but I guess i'm at the point where i dont care anymore. let the trade ride if that's what Kaz wants. He's getting owned nonetheless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:07 am

This "reworked" deal is almost as laughable as the original. The challange stands even with the reworked deal.

How exactly does Komisarek help you more? He's rate 1 less then Komisarek and is 7 years younger.

Last edited by Garth Snow on Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skwid

Skwid

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:31 am

Garth Snow wrote:
This "reworked" deal is almost as laughable as the original. The challange stands even with the reworked deal.

How exactly does Schenn help you more? He's rate 1 less then Komisarek and is 7 years younger.
He's not saying Schenn will help him more. He's saying Komisarek will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:33 am

That's what I meant to say.
And I don't understand how Komisarek will help more, marginally this season but definitely not after that.
Back to top Go down
Skwid

Skwid

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:46 am

Why, is he suddenly going to become a bad player? His current rating will hold for two seasons.

The best part about this is that Burke brought in Komisarek to TEACH Schenn. EX and LD go a long way in the playoffs in the sim world as well.

I don't know why I'm arguing. It's pointless. People who believe prospects have a higher value than proven veterans that are still at the top of their game don't pay enough attention to the hockey world.

Schenn has one season under his belt. He's very talented and Leaf fans love him. Kaz wanted a veteran version of him. He came knocking for Komisarek. He got what he wanted. The deal wasn't that far off to begin with (unless you ask people who think JVR is worth a first line forward straight up) and now I've added a decent 2nd round pick.

No reason it shouldn't go through, as our Commissioner believes that deals can be 'close enough'.

But then, one never knows in these leagues...
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Number of posts : 689
SDHL Team : bruins
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 1
SDHL Position: Commissioner/Supreme Trade Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:50 am

when matt greene + a 2nd is worth luke schenn i guess this deal will have a good chance of passing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:59 am

No one is saying Komisarek is going to become a bad player or his rating will go down (although eh looked bad when coming back from teh injury last season). It's that Schenn is 19 and will surpass him.

While you're right that people in this league overvalue prospects, comparing JVR and Schenn doesn't make sense, since one is a College player and the other has proved he belongs in the NHL, and has shown tremendous promise while being surrounded by garbage all season.

A Komisarek and the 2nd for Schenn deal would be 'close enough' it's the fact that he is also giving up a perennial allstar in the deal that I have beef with.
Also the value of Tlusty is being completely ignored in this move.
Kaberle is barely worth Greene + a 1st.
And Schenn and Tlusty are definitely not worth Komisarek and a 2nd.
He's claiming he wants to make teh deal becasue Komisarek will help him more now right?
That stament is contradicted by the fact that he's giving away his best D-man for a draft pick. That is a move for the future.
The two aspects of the deal contradict eachother.

Last edited by Garth Snow on Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skwid

Skwid

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:59 am

If that was the deal I'd agree.

Matt Greene + a potential top ten pick = Kaberle.
Komisarek + decent 2nd round pick = Schenn and Tlusty.

It's a steal at worst and Kaz is aware of it. Like you say though, Joe, sometimes a GM has to pay a little more for a player he likes, right?

Or am I going to be the constant exception?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:02 pm

Schenn's value > Komisarek's value
Tlusty's value > 2nd rounder

The first half of that deal is barely acceptable, the second is not.

Plus as i said, the two deals are contradicting eachother. He wants Komisarek for now, then he moves his top D for the future.
Back to top Go down
Skwid

Skwid

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:02 pm

Garth Snow wrote:
No one is saying Komisarek is going to become a bad player or his rating will go down (although eh looked bad when coming back from teh injury last season). It's that Schenn is 19 and will surpass him.
Opinion.

Quote :
He's claiming he wants to make teh deal becasue Komisarek will help him more now right?
That stament is contradicted by the fact that he's giving away his best D-man for a draft pick. That is a move for the future.
The two aspects of the deal contradict eachother.
He's giving up Kaberle for a grittier D man in Greene while getting a pick in the process.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:08 pm

Yes it's an opinion, but it's an opinion based on what was seen last season. Schennw as better tehn Komisarek last year after his injury, add that to the fact he's 7 years younger and it's a fairly safe assumption.

There is no way someone can justify wanting to win this season and then replcaing Kaberle with Greene.
Back to top Go down
Skwid

Skwid

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:11 pm

Because Kaberle has shown how much of a winner he is? He isn't physical, he's a good puck mover, but refuses to shoot the damn puck. There is a reason he's rumoured to be the next Leaf out of town in the NHL.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:14 pm

Skwid wrote:
If that was the deal I'd agree.

Matt Greene + a potential top ten pick = Kaberle.
Komisarek + decent 2nd round pick = Schenn and Tlusty.

It's a steal at worst and Kaz is aware of it. Like you say though, Joe, sometimes a GM has to pay a little more for a player he likes, right?

Or am I going to be the constant exception?

skwid, you're not a victim here.

for sim purposes schenn>komisarek for sure, imo. they have almost identical ratings, schenn is cheaper and has MANY more years of service left before UFA. not to mention that schenn has extra trade value because he's luke schenn, the TML poster boy.
Back to top Go down
ChicagoGM

ChicagoGM

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:29 pm

I'll voice my opinion here stating that I think this deal should go through. It's a steal for LA, it's never a deal I would make if I am TML. The guy knows it, still wants Komisarek, unerstands that Schenn is basically the same thing for tons of extra sim seasons...yet won't back out of the deal. IMO let him get ripped. It's ''close enough'' to call it a steal for LA, but nothing that will destroy Kaz's franchise.

Then again, i'm not a deciding factor most likely, just voicing an opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:51 pm

Skwid wrote:
There is a reason he's rumoured to be the next Leaf out of town in the NHL.

Yes you're right, and that reason is becasue he's the only one they can move that will land them a top-6 forward.
Back to top Go down
Thrashers GM

Thrashers GM

Number of posts : 429
Humor : None.
SDHL Team : Atlanta Thrashers

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 3
SDHL Position: Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:58 pm

Greene+2nd does not equal Kaberle.

Flyers wanted to give up Carter, 1st for Kaberle. Yes, now it's a hind sight deal. Yes, Carter exploded... but he was expected too all along. Greene is a 6th D, always has been, always will be. A second is not a first.

Schenn and a top 10 first could have got the Leafs the 2nd overall pick. Hedman or Tavares. Komisarek is a solid player, older, more experienced... but he's done nothing to prove he's a better overall D then Schenn, and Schenn has only played one season. You also say they brought in Komi to mentor him, which means Schenn will become more like the player Komi is except with more talent and younger.

So why trade Schenn now for Komi?

Komiserek, QUE 1st = Schenn
Greene, 2nd < Kaberle
Nothing < Tlusty

No matter which way you argue it, the deal makes zero sense as is. I don't care if Toronto trades all their best projects, but as a new GM to the League he can't destroy a team he gets simply because he likes a player. Let's say he makes the trade and a week later quits, what happens then? Team sucks, has no valuable pieces and is a complete disaster... much like ATL was before I took over.

No one wanted the team. Has never been filled since game 10 Season 1A when the league first started. Yes, the deal I made was completely lopsided, but I didn't take over ATL for a challenge like the Islanders, I took them because the League had a GM interested in joining but he wouldn't take them. The Bluejackets are the favorites right now, even with Lehtoninen in net instead of Mason... two goalies, 73, 74 and cheap... no other team has that sort of depth. They loose the rookie of the year but don't loose any depth. I gained a player I loved on a team I didn't want. Bluejackets are still awesome, and now the Thrashers are a team to reckon with.

Win win for the league as a whole.

Could CBJ gotten more? Hell yes, but I would have remained the GM and not traded him in the first place... Atlanta remains vacant.

Deal looked like this...

To ATL: Cheap young goalie starter, GM of cup favorite
To CBJ: Cheap young goalie starter, cash to sign players

That's all I'm going to say about the deal.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 5:07 pm

Quote :
No matter which way you argue it, the deal makes zero sense as is. I don't care if Toronto trades all their best projects, but as a new GM to the League he can't destroy a team he gets simply because he likes a player. Let's say he makes the trade and a week later quits, what happens then?

^this

the league is still thrilled with the cbj-atl trade. i havent been able to get the right guy as gm in cbj, but that franchise is golden right now and the thrashers are finally an active team. BIG win for the league.

ok, lets quit ripping on skwid and this deal. the guy is just trying to make it two straight GM of the Year awards! Very Happy and i think we've all said our piece anyway.
Back to top Go down
Thrashers GM

Thrashers GM

Number of posts : 429
Humor : None.
SDHL Team : Atlanta Thrashers

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 3
SDHL Position: Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 5:30 pm

Can I continue ripping on Skwid for being a giant tool? Is that still allowed?
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 6:01 pm

sure, but wait until he leaves for vacation. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Skwid

Skwid

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 6:23 pm

Thrashers GM wrote:
Can I continue ripping on Skwid for being a giant tool? Is that still allowed?
Figures Dev would be obsessed with my giant tool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kings/Buds   Kings/Buds - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kings/Buds
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2