SDHL Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesLog inRegisterGallerySDHL.orgSDHL RulesAll-Star Game
Poll
is the cormier hit the ugliest of all time?
Yes
ATL- CBJ Trade I_vote_lcap36%ATL- CBJ Trade I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
No
ATL- CBJ Trade I_vote_lcap43%ATL- CBJ Trade I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
His reputation makes it worse
ATL- CBJ Trade I_vote_lcap21%ATL- CBJ Trade I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14
гинеколог астана
ATL- CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 5:35 am by Anonymous

Comments: 0
How To Hide Drugs
ATL- CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 7:00 pm by Anonymous
How To Help Drug Dealers - lipitor pills During the intake of Lipitor at regular intervals, if you experience a sort of inexplicable pain in the muscles or unusual tiredness, it would be advisable to explain the physical condition to the physician.

Great informative post!
ATL- CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 3:53 am by Anonymous
Hello. Never mind, it came back. How do I connect it to the secondary driver as Master & Disconnect all slave hardware from IDE secondary Master?

стрижка классический боб фото
ATL- CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:22 pm by Anonymous
У некоторых из них основание скользит по пластиковой формованной ручке. Щетки делают из щетины (иногда называемой перьями или булавками), которая может быть натуральной свиной, пластмассовой, нейлоновой или металлической. Простолюдины, напротив, коротко стриглись и отпускали небольшие аккуратные бородки; над верхней губой волосы выщипывали или сбривали.

http://www.merchantcashadvances.org small business loan
ATL- CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:23 pm by Anonymous
If you are looking then you need to go to They gave me a about four months ago and I absolutely love their plan . The cause why I love it is because the unique payment structure lets me to return my only my company makes money . They also extended a couple of interesting ways in which the existent pay back works. They offer three various cases of return choices. The company has thriven a ton since three years ago and now are offering traditional and …

[ Full reading ]

ATL- CBJ Trade

Go down 
+5
Skwid
Habs15
Les Nordiques
cbj
Thrashers GM
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Thrashers GM

Thrashers GM

Number of posts : 429
Humor : None.
SDHL Team : Atlanta Thrashers
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 3
SDHL Position: Consigliere

ATL- CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: ATL- CBJ Trade   ATL- CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:25 pm

To ATL: Aaron Rome, Mike Commodore, Pascal Dupuis
To CBJ: Armstrong, Ron Hainsey, Thomas McCollum, $2.5M Cash

ATL agrees even though we're getting fleeced and consider this make up for stealing Mason.
Back to top Go down
cbj

Number of posts : 80
SDHL Team : Columbus Blue Jackets
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Team Profile
Team Ranking: --
GM Ranking: --
SDHL Position: General Manager

ATL- CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- CBJ Trade   ATL- CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:28 pm

Columbus agrees and are happy to add a top notch goaltending prospect. Sad to see Commodore go had a ton of good offers but felt this was the best.
Back to top Go down
Les Nordiques

Les Nordiques

Number of posts : 343
SDHL Team : Quebec Nordiques
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Team Profile

ATL- CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- CBJ Trade   ATL- CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:22 pm

This isn't an official challenge or anything, and I hate to be a jerk to fellow GM's, but can someone explain the rationale behind this move?

Commodore is a good defensive upgrade and he's cheaper than Hainsey, but he's very one-dimensional - defence is his game. Nevertheless, a considerable upgrade from Hainsey.

Armstrong is already slightly better than Dupuis, and in a few years, he will be substantially better.

McCollum is a top, top goaltending prospect, and add $2.5M along with that and you get a huge upgrade over Aarron Rome, who will probably never be more than a 7th defenceman.

Also, what do past deals have to do with it? Especially because the last deal wasn't even with one of the current GM's.
Back to top Go down
Habs15

Habs15

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-08-07

Team Profile

ATL- CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- CBJ Trade   ATL- CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:28 pm

I agree with LES NORDS, ATL gets ripped and even if you combine the two deals which shouldn't be done... there was no Future considerations or anything and it wasn't even the same GM's and I would say that even if you combine the two deals ATL is on the short end of the stick. This trade is far away from being close... A cap dump and an improvement at D is the worst part or McCollum for Rome who may be a 3rd pairing D, not a 7th... he will see his time but I don't see him ever making the top 4. And the two forwards in the deal is reasonable as a trade as Dupuis will be a great penalty killer and 3rd liner while Christiensen could make the top 6 he will never recieve a lot Power Play time or Penalty Kill time.

This isn't a challenge but I'm sure another GM may challenge it, it will still probably go through but mixing to trades is pointless in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Skwid

Skwid

Number of posts : 446
Humor : is spelled wrong.
SDHL Team : Los Angeles Kings
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 2
SDHL Position: Co-Commissioner

ATL- CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- CBJ Trade   ATL- CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:29 pm

The deal between Columbus and Atlanta that sent Steve Mason to Atlanta was done by one GM. Many people --myself included-- felt this was just not a good thing. The logic behind it made sense, but it was still not on the 'up and up', so to speak.

This is Dev's way of making up for that deal, while adding more veteran depth to his team. You may not have been paying attention, but Dev is looking to make Atlanta a bonified playoff team, and is doing a rather good job at it.

Lastly, Dev knows what he's doing. Besides, he loves taking it up the a$$...it reminds him of his wedding night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.skwidslair.net
Habs15

Habs15

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-08-07

Team Profile

ATL- CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- CBJ Trade   ATL- CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 pm

OH I didn't realize that it was done by one GM. Ya this makes more sense then... sorry to critique the deal
Back to top Go down
Les Nordiques

Les Nordiques

Number of posts : 343
SDHL Team : Quebec Nordiques
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Team Profile

ATL- CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- CBJ Trade   ATL- CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:35 pm

It's just another one of the deals going on lately - not terrible, but definitely could have gotten a better return. Can the $2.5M be removed, at least? Razz
Back to top Go down
ChicagoGM

ChicagoGM

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-07-13

ATL- CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- CBJ Trade   ATL- CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:37 pm

well at this point, not like 2.5M matters
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Wild

Minnesota Wild

Number of posts : 198

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 11

ATL- CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- CBJ Trade   ATL- CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:52 pm

dev is being a fair the CBJ club and this trade is both noble and courageous.

dev is reminding me of young Gene Hackman if he were black and a freedom fighter against slavery in the 1800s.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Number of posts : 689
SDHL Team : bruins

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 1
SDHL Position: Commissioner/Supreme Trade Overlord

ATL- CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- CBJ Trade   ATL- CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:59 pm

Quote :
The deal between Columbus and Atlanta that sent Steve Mason to Atlanta was done by one GM. Many people --myself included-- felt this was just not a good thing. The logic behind it made sense, but it was still not on the 'up and up', so to speak.

that's not exactly true. as commissioner i am acting gm for any teams without a gm. dev and i made the mason-to-atl trade together. one of the best moves in SDHL history.
Back to top Go down
Skwid

Skwid

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

ATL- CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- CBJ Trade   ATL- CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:02 am

So, any team without a GM is run by the Commissioner? That means GM-less teams can still be dealt with?

Would have been nice to know that a while ago.

Despite what you want to call it...the fact is Dev orchestrated the deal to make taking Atlanta a little less painful. There's no ill will over that, far as I know, just that it involved a pretty sought after piece that the new Columbus GM could have used.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

ATL- CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- CBJ Trade   ATL- CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:11 am

Quote :
So, any team without a GM is run by the Commissioner? That means GM-less teams can still be dealt with?

Would have been nice to know that a while ago.

good thing i sent out an email saying just that...a while ago. Surprised

sure, the cbj gm could have used mason, but the jackets were in fantastic shape even after that trade. sure, it was a 'fudge' if you will, but one i'd gladly make again.

i just meant to shed a little light to the new GMs on what we were talking about if it wasnt already clear.
Back to top Go down
SanJoseGM

Number of posts : 157
Humor : you
SDHL Team : san jose
Registration date : 2009-08-06

ATL- CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- CBJ Trade   ATL- CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:56 pm

just out of curiosity, what was mason originally traded for?
Back to top Go down
Skwid

Skwid

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

ATL- CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- CBJ Trade   ATL- CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:23 pm

Lehtonen and $2M.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

ATL- CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- CBJ Trade   ATL- CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:30 pm

lehtonen and $3M
Back to top Go down
SanJoseGM

Number of posts : 157
Humor : you
SDHL Team : san jose
Registration date : 2009-08-06

ATL- CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- CBJ Trade   ATL- CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:17 pm

bure_HOF wrote:
lehtonen and $3M
Sleep

thats it?
Back to top Go down
Skwid

Skwid

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

ATL- CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- CBJ Trade   ATL- CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:29 pm

Yep. That's it.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

ATL- CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- CBJ Trade   ATL- CBJ Trade I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:43 pm

processed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ATL- CBJ Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- CBJ Trade   ATL- CBJ Trade I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ATL- CBJ Trade
Page 1 of 1