SDHL Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesLog inRegisterGallerySDHL.orgSDHL RulesAll-Star Game
Poll
is the cormier hit the ugliest of all time?
Yes
ATL- NYR Trade I_vote_lcap36%ATL- NYR Trade I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
No
ATL- NYR Trade I_vote_lcap43%ATL- NYR Trade I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
His reputation makes it worse
ATL- NYR Trade I_vote_lcap21%ATL- NYR Trade I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14
гинеколог астана
ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 5:35 am by Anonymous

Comments: 0
How To Hide Drugs
ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 7:00 pm by Anonymous
How To Help Drug Dealers - lipitor pills During the intake of Lipitor at regular intervals, if you experience a sort of inexplicable pain in the muscles or unusual tiredness, it would be advisable to explain the physical condition to the physician.

Great informative post!
ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 3:53 am by Anonymous
Hello. Never mind, it came back. How do I connect it to the secondary driver as Master & Disconnect all slave hardware from IDE secondary Master?

стрижка классический боб фото
ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:22 pm by Anonymous
У некоторых из них основание скользит по пластиковой формованной ручке. Щетки делают из щетины (иногда называемой перьями или булавками), которая может быть натуральной свиной, пластмассовой, нейлоновой или металлической. Простолюдины, напротив, коротко стриглись и отпускали небольшие аккуратные бородки; над верхней губой волосы выщипывали или сбривали.

http://www.merchantcashadvances.org small business loan
ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:23 pm by Anonymous
If you are looking then you need to go to They gave me a about four months ago and I absolutely love their plan . The cause why I love it is because the unique payment structure lets me to return my only my company makes money . They also extended a couple of interesting ways in which the existent pay back works. They offer three various cases of return choices. The company has thriven a ton since three years ago and now are offering traditional and …

[ Full reading ]

ATL- NYR Trade

Go down 
+7
Winnipeg Jets
cbj
Habs15
Les Nordiques
spekkio27
HurriCanes
Thrashers GM
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thrashers GM

Thrashers GM

Number of posts : 429
Humor : None.
SDHL Team : Atlanta Thrashers
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 3
SDHL Position: Consigliere

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 6:42 pm

Hell yeah bitches, you saw it in the title and you know he exists!

To ATL: Chris Drury, Marc Staal
To NYR: Nikolas Lidstrom, Kris Versteeg, YR 4 ATL 2

Mega deal going both ways, but happily done... now who can I bribe to lower Drury's cap hit?
Back to top Go down
HurriCanes

HurriCanes

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Team Profile
Team Ranking: --
GM Ranking: --
SDHL Position: General Manager

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 6:45 pm

Meh, alright trade. Would keep Lidstrom, can do alot of damage for one season or two. Staal is alright, Versteeg is a great two way player......but I guess its an okay trade
Back to top Go down
spekkio27

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-06-30

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 6:45 pm

The New York Rangers agree to this deal. Thanks Devin.
Back to top Go down
Thrashers GM

Thrashers GM

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:51 pm

Drury can play both C/RW so he will replace Versteeg on the RW and giving me a solid first line. Lidstrom is amazing, but the money to resign him at the end of the season plus my already strong D told me the money could be used elsewhere given time. Yes, Versteeg and Drury are almost the same player, but the difference being Drury has proven himself over time to be consistent and while I do not like his contract, it is one I can deal with as I'll still be $7M under the cap with it.

Staal gives me another young and up and coming punishing defender in which to build around, and I couldn't ignore the fact of having the Staal brothers on one team would be interesting to say the least.

Yes, I take a slight decrease in defense, but become more punishing because of it.

A trade off I happily welcome.
Back to top Go down
Les Nordiques

Les Nordiques

Number of posts : 343
SDHL Team : Quebec Nordiques
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Team Profile

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Decent trade. Staal is going to easily be a #2 defenceman for years, IMO. He's a swift skater, and he's brilliant positionally, physically and defensively in general. He has a little bit of puck-moving ability in him as well. Really like him.

Drury has many more years ahead of him (in all likelihood) than Lidstrom, but Lidstrom is much better now, and for however many more seasons he plays. So basically, Lidstrom = Drury, Staal > Versteeg, so the second-rounder makes sense.

Last edited by Les Nordiques on Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Les Nordiques

Les Nordiques

Team Profile

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:54 pm

Also, holy crap - the Rangers have a GM!!
Back to top Go down
HurriCanes

HurriCanes

Team Profile

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:27 pm

I have a different opinion, Lidstrom is great than Drury, but Drury is going to be playing more seasons, so future wise, good move, bad contract on him though.

Marc Staal is a great defender, but Versteeg is a great defensive forward, will do great with Kane, Toews and Sharp, so he'll net in a good amount of points. great player on both sides.

The 2nd rounder seems like it shouldn't be dealt at all to make the trade fair, but since it is a Yr 4 pick, its like adding in a Yr 2 4th.

Trade seems......considerate, but the trade should not include the pick, IMO, a pick should have went to ATL. I just think an NHL ready player like Versteeg (not totally ready) is better than Staal, but depends on what you need, defence or more forwards, so ATL made his decision on his defenses future.

But, all in all it is still good to know that the NYR have a GM, thought Joe might have been pulling a trick on us, like his Chara move, LOL.
Back to top Go down
Les Nordiques

Les Nordiques

Team Profile

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:30 pm

I don't know, I think it's pretty fair.

Lidstrom has, what? 2 very productive NHL seasons ahead of him, which translates to 4 SDHL seasons. Drury probably has 5 or 6 NHL seasons left in him, which is 10-12 SDHL seasons.

Versteeg for Staal is almost a trade-off, but I can't see Versteeg ever being a first-line player, whereas Staal will almost positively be a first-pairing defenceman. Versteeg, to me, looks like a good complementary player, i.e. secondary scorer. Staal, on the other hand, will be a bona fide #1 or 2 defenceman for years.

The 2nd-rounder goes to NYR for offsetting the years he's losing in Drury-for-Lidstrom, and it looks fine to me.
Back to top Go down
Habs15

Habs15

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-08-07

Team Profile

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:38 pm

HurriCanes wrote:
I have a different opinion, Lidstrom is great than Drury, but Drury is going to be playing more seasons, so future wise, good move, bad contract on him though.

Marc Staal is a great defender, but Versteeg is a great defensive forward, will do great with Kane, Toews and Sharp, so he'll net in a good amount of points. great player on both sides.

The 2nd rounder seems like it shouldn't be dealt at all to make the trade fair, but since it is a Yr 4 pick, its like adding in a Yr 2 4th.

Trade seems......considerate, but the trade should not include the pick, IMO, a pick should have went to ATL. I just think an NHL ready player like Versteeg (not totally ready) is better than Staal, but depends on what you need, defence or more forwards, so ATL made his decision on his defenses future.

But, all in all it is still good to know that the NYR have a GM, thought Joe might have been pulling a trick on us, like his Chara move, LOL.

Strongly agree with that point... and a 2nd is still a 2nd just not as valued right now will be more next year
Back to top Go down
HurriCanes

HurriCanes

Team Profile

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:38 pm

I see where your going, not a huge fan of Marc, like Jordan the most, Eric is good too, but Marc never appealed to me at all. It's just my opinion, nothing against the guy, will lead the Rangers on the D line, him and Redden.

I just think Versteeg is a great player, yes, he could be a second line player, but a great one, probably will get enough points with Hossa, so that's why i like him over Staal.

Also, the pick I guess can offset the age with Drury - Lidstrom, but I am a huge Red Wings fan and Lidstrom + 2nd for Drury, not what I like to see at all. Lidstrom is gonna have 2 or maybe evn 3 DOMINANT years, rather than 6 okay years from Drury, don't think he'll be ass successful in his later career, only did good in Colorado, imo.

So, I'd rather have an 84 for 4 or 5 SDHL seasons rather a mid maybe even low 70 in many SDHL seasons.

The Rangers got a better deal IMO.
Back to top Go down
Les Nordiques

Les Nordiques

Team Profile

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:42 pm

It depends how you slice it - I would agree that NYR got better now, but in a couple of years, once Lidstrom's gone, who's to say that won't change?

It's probably something like Lidstrom has 4ish SDHL seasons at around an 82 OV average, while Drury has about 10ish SDHL seasons as a 75 OV, so take your pick.

You're totally entitled to your opinion about Staal/Versteeg, but it is far from guaranteed that Versteeg will stay a Blackhawk for long.

Finally, on a somewhat related note, I would absolutely argue that Eric is the best Staal, followed, in a toss-up, by Jordan and Marc, followed by Jared. Eric is just such a dominant player, I am astounded; he can absolutely take over a hockey game, all over the ice.
Back to top Go down
Habs15

Habs15

Team Profile

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:46 pm

Les Nordiques wrote:
It depends how you slice it - I would agree that NYR got better now, but in a couple of years, once Lidstrom's gone, who's to say that won't change?

It's probably something like Lidstrom has 4ish SDHL seasons at around an 82 OV average, while Drury has about 10ish SDHL seasons as a 75 OV, so take your pick.

You're totally entitled to your opinion about Staal/Versteeg, but it is far from guaranteed that Versteeg will stay a Blackhawk for long.

Finally, on a somewhat related note, I would absolutely argue that Eric is the best Staal, followed, in a toss-up, by Jordan and Marc, followed by Jared. Eric is just such a dominant player, I am astounded; he can absolutely take over a hockey game, all over the ice.

And when he gets moved he can easily skate in the top 3 of many teams and play PK plus PP... I just think the 2nd should be going the other way. Ok, you know what I challenge this deal. Don't see it ever being equal ATL isn't getting nearly enough for Lidstrom... Versteeg will most likely be better then Drury but Versteeg + a 2nd is worth more then drury and Lidstrom is much more valuable then Staal...

I challenge
Back to top Go down
Les Nordiques

Les Nordiques

Team Profile

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:46 pm

You challenge for a 2nd-rounder? :p
Back to top Go down
cbj

Number of posts : 80
SDHL Team : Columbus Blue Jackets
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Team Profile

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:15 pm

Challanging this deal is absurd....I hope you are joking...if this deal is challanged every deal can be challanged....the Thrashers GM knows what he is doing.
Back to top Go down
Habs15

Habs15

Team Profile

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:01 pm

cbj wrote:
Challanging this deal is absurd....I hope you are joking...if this deal is challanged every deal can be challanged....the Thrashers GM knows what he is doing.

In my personal opinion I think the second should be recieved from the deal or go the other way
Back to top Go down
cbj

Number of posts : 80
SDHL Team : Columbus Blue Jackets
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Team Profile

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:15 pm

My point is that if you are only talking about a 4th yr 2nd rd pick...that is not near enough to challange...you can say that the Rangers won the deal if that is your perception, that is fine....but the deal is not nearly lopsided enough to be challangeable.
Back to top Go down
Winnipeg Jets

Number of posts : 113
Humor : look at yourself
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 25

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:25 pm

Wow...never thought this would get challenged. My issue is this. Do we have to look at every trade and question whether or not it needs to be challenged, or should it not be...holy crap that guy got robbed blindsided.

I know for me I like to try and make the most fair trade possible. Makes GM's want to do deals with you and really its all fun. But not every deal is going to be fair, and that is fine..but every deal lately is being torn down and evaluated by everybody and that is good for the league. The issue is that the league has become, oh shit I should add a 4th or this may not be passed. Challenging a trade is to protect a GM from being screwed in something they may have missed in researching.

In this case all parties should know each players strengths and weaknesses. They are both excellent GM's who know their stuff. No way this deal should be challenged.

Please Joe take my vote into account...Yay
Back to top Go down
Buffalo Sabres

Buffalo Sabres

Number of posts : 137
SDHL Team : Buffalo Sabres
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Team Profile

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:35 pm

Chris is 100% right....all GM's feel that they have to add the extra pick or cash or in some cases another prospect just so the league doesnt rip the deal to peices in trying to figure out if its fair or not....all GMs have their own opinions about all trades that happen. Every trade that happens will always have one GM who doesnt like it, maybe they really think its not fair, or they dont like a particular GM and theydont like it when he makes his team better or maybe even they are just against it beacuse they wanted that player and now hes been traded to another team.

Just my opinion Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stlblues

stlblues

Number of posts : 271
SDHL Team : St. Louis Blues
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 29

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:40 pm

Agree with Jets... Perfect post. Pass this trade, there's nothing wrong with it.
Back to top Go down
HurriCanes

HurriCanes

Team Profile

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 11:39 pm

Well, Habs, you and I agree about the second and I thank you for your support.

The main issue is that this should be challenged under any means. Marc Staal is great (not my fav player, or a player I like, but that's me, i know my opinion is wrong, he is an excellent player) and so is Versteeg (I think he's better, because I like the blackhwaks and root for their players) so it is pretty much the same for. Maybe I'll give the edge to Staal, because he does have a great resume under him already (IIHF).

The Lidstrom and Drury is understandable, depends how you "slice" it. If you are going by this and next season to make a stamp with your team, by winning the cup, Lidstrom is your man, AMAZING player, first Euro captain to win a cup WOOT WOOT! But, if your looking for a good player for a long time, Drury fits in well, but I think he'll drop in 2 years, so you'll have 4 SDHL seasons with him. As far as the second, I'm sure that the ATL GM is concerned about his future, what a great GM does. Why keep an old player, trade him get someone almost as good for a WAY longer period. Lidstrom is an amazing defenceman, he has played for a LONG TIME, but c'mon he's no Chelios LOL.

Also, I do like Eric Staal, amazing player, is a player who can totally change the game for his team, but I like Jordan, you don't find players like those, he's a player who changes a game as well, short handed goals hurt the opposition. Marc follows him and Jared....not liking him....not at all.

ALL IN ALL.....there should be no challenge man, why challenge, yeah sure, maybe the Rangers got a bit of a better deal, but heck, there's no such thing as a completely fair deal, it always swings one way, and a trade like mine with the Oilers, I admit, I took too much.....so that should be challenged, not a deal that slightly gives one team the better deal, then all of your trades should be vetoed. So, I can't believe you actually challenged an almost fair deal. That is wrong man.
Back to top Go down
Habs15

Habs15

Team Profile

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 11:45 pm

In my personal opinion Versteeg as just as good as Staal if not better. And I think the second should be going the other way. Also ya the fact that the 2nd is in yr 4. I guess I just thought too much of Versteeg at the beggining of this, I withdraw my challenge if I can. I see what your saying by slightly going one way and the fact that it is a yr 4 2nd makes it have a minimal value right now. But the Rangers won this trade... not enough for a challenge I see after reading everything
Back to top Go down
Thrashers GM

Thrashers GM

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:48 am

Somehow I knew that common sense would prevail. I would explain but I hate typing on a phone.
Back to top Go down
Les Nordiques

Les Nordiques

Team Profile

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:41 am

Habs15 wrote:
In my personal opinion Versteeg as just as good as Staal if not better. And I think the second should be going the other way. Also ya the fact that the 2nd is in yr 4. I guess I just thought too much of Versteeg at the beggining of this, I withdraw my challenge if I can. I see what your saying by slightly going one way and the fact that it is a yr 4 2nd makes it have a minimal value right now. But the Rangers won this trade... not enough for a challenge I see after reading everything

The last part of that statement is what it all comes down to. It's personal opinion as to who won the trade (I think it is perfectly even; the 2nd-rounder compensates for the 6-or-so extra SDHL seasons you'll get from Drury, albeit at a lower OV), but it's nowhere near bad enough to consider challenging. It's a second-rounder we're talking about; bunches of them never even pan out. If we're talking Crosby for Pominville, then you'd have an argument for challenging.
Back to top Go down

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:45 am

HurriCanes wrote:
I see where your going, not a huge fan of Marc, like Jordan the most, Eric is good too, but Marc never appealed to me at all. It's just my opinion, nothing against the guy, will lead the Rangers on the D line, him and Redden.

He didn't appeal to you because he's a defensive D-man and doesn't have the flash his Brother's have. It's D-men take longer to develop then forwards, it has been long said that Marc has the potential to be the most impactful of all the Staal brother.
This is a fair trade and should definitely be passed.
Back to top Go down
SanJoseGM

Number of posts : 157
Humor : you
SDHL Team : san jose
Registration date : 2009-08-06

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:43 pm

after reading over this, i think the trades fine. i've got absoultely no problem with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ATL- NYR Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATL- NYR Trade   ATL- NYR Trade I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ATL- NYR Trade
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next