SDHL Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesLog inRegisterGallerySDHL.orgSDHL RulesAll-Star Game
Poll
is the cormier hit the ugliest of all time?
Yes
Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_vote_lcap36%Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
No
Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_vote_lcap43%Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
His reputation makes it worse
Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14
гинеколог астана
Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 5:35 am by Anonymous

Comments: 0
How To Hide Drugs
Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 7:00 pm by Anonymous
How To Help Drug Dealers - lipitor pills During the intake of Lipitor at regular intervals, if you experience a sort of inexplicable pain in the muscles or unusual tiredness, it would be advisable to explain the physical condition to the physician.

Great informative post!
Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 3:53 am by Anonymous
Hello. Never mind, it came back. How do I connect it to the secondary driver as Master & Disconnect all slave hardware from IDE secondary Master?

стрижка классический боб фото
Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:22 pm by Anonymous
У некоторых из них основание скользит по пластиковой формованной ручке. Щетки делают из щетины (иногда называемой перьями или булавками), которая может быть натуральной свиной, пластмассовой, нейлоновой или металлической. Простолюдины, напротив, коротко стриглись и отпускали небольшие аккуратные бородки; над верхней губой волосы выщипывали или сбривали.

http://www.merchantcashadvances.org small business loan
Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:23 pm by Anonymous
If you are looking then you need to go to They gave me a about four months ago and I absolutely love their plan . The cause why I love it is because the unique payment structure lets me to return my only my company makes money . They also extended a couple of interesting ways in which the existent pay back works. They offer three various cases of return choices. The company has thriven a ton since three years ago and now are offering traditional and …

[ Full reading ]

Buffalo - New Jersey

Go down 
+10
Minnesota Wild
Habs15
HurriCanes
SanJoseGM
bure_HOF
Les Nordiques
Thrashers GM
stlblues
Buffalo Sabres
Devils-GM
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Thrashers GM

Thrashers GM

Number of posts : 429
Humor : None.
SDHL Team : Atlanta Thrashers
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 3
SDHL Position: Consigliere

Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 12:12 pm

Suck a dick.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Wild

Minnesota Wild

Number of posts : 198

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 11
GM Ranking: --
SDHL Position: General Manager

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 12:13 pm

i want to try and flex my e-penis but i visited www.whisky.com for too long and it won't work right now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 12:14 pm

Thrashers GM wrote:
Suck a dick.

haha good come back. Way to contribute.

Now back to the hockey discussion.
Back to top Go down
HurriCanes

HurriCanes

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Team Profile
Team Ranking: --

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 12:31 pm

LMAO, suck a dick....very funny

Back to the point, very well said Thrasher's GM, you said something every GM out here should do, suck a dick......

A trade between me and you (CAR - ATL, example) includes which people? The ATL GM and the CAR GM, no one else, the door is closed, you guys can't say shit or have anything in the conversation, because you weren't invited, your not even invited to be a spectator.

A trade is between 2 people, not the league. I know GM's want to make all deals fair in this league, but this deal is "fair" isn't it. Now I know Connolly might not be the cream of the crop to trade for Parise, but look at his team, he did offer a lot from his team, like gave his best centre and he gave a good defenceman, not the best, but good, a great prospect, some picks for Parise, Rolston and Rupp, they were their to accompany Parise to the door, so don't get in fights for them.......they're dead waste.

So, like the ATL GM's said, a "fair" trade should be passed, yes I know, Parise could have tooken more, but why would we wreck a fair trade, are we gonna complain about a team not taking enough now?????? Where does that lead the league, in one team trading an 80 and getting six 70+ players, a few 1st's and John Tavares as a prospect? That should not happen.......it seems like you guys think that any team with an 80+ should keep him and never trade him, but that makes other teams with no 80's (like mine) feel kinda down, because now we can't boost up our team......it has to stay the way it is, no fun in that, everyone wants to win the cup, so let them, let them get 80+ players and let "fair" trades happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 12:35 pm

Tee problem with that is that this league has a trade approval system that is based on the other 28 GMs not challanging the deal. That system lends itself to other GMs gettign involoved and expressing their opinion of each and every trade. It is every GM's right to challange any trade in this league, and therefore the deals do not only involve teh two teams making the trade.
As long as this system remains, that is going to be how the trade process works.
Back to top Go down
Thrashers GM

Thrashers GM

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 1:08 pm

The league does indeed have an approval system that is based off of 28 other GM's having the ability to challenge it.

No where does that say they can challenge it because they thought they offered "more", or because they got low-balled in another deal or because they simply feel like challenging it. It says any GM can challenge because the deal itself, as presented is UNFAIR.

There is no trade council, so only Joe has the final say... so yes, as GM's we're allowed to speak our mind and voice an opinion... in a NEW topic.

If you like the deal, say so and move on.

If you absolutely hate it, challenge it, state your reasons and leave. Let Joe worry about it afterwards. The trade doesn't concern you as a whole. Does it make either team extraordinarily better or worse? No, not even remotely.

Do the rules say anywhere because so and so got this for one player I MUST get this for mine, or make sure someone else gets MORE simply because he/she got more?

No, not at all.

So why do the rest of us have to hear it?

Joe made an argument about Parise and Kovalchuk because both are 80 OV's but one is cheaper. Well, one is coming off a terrible season, the other is coming off of a career year. Can both score, yes? Have both done so consistently... no, only Kovalchuk has. Are they both PPG producers... no, Parise has only had one year at ppg. Is there a tremendous age difference? No, 1 year.

The fact is, Kovalchuk plays on a worse team and still manages close to 100 points without any solid back up plans. The boy is a stud. Parise is very promising and will one day be viewed at in the same light. The thing is, it took him much longer to get there then Kovalchuk... that is why his contract is so cheap... because when he signed it, he wasn't all that great.

Things could easily change next season, Parise could falter his history says he won't, but he's pretty much peaked where he is and will probably be a ppg player from now on. Will Kovalchuk suddenly blow a gasket? No, his history shows that if he had help, he'd be a 100pt player with 50 goals easily. He's also a UFA in the NHL after this season... how many points do you think he'd get in Detroit? What would his OV be then?

Another thing people are ignoring is the fact that NJ has a 80 in Patrik Elias at the exact same position. The trade gives them a #1 C in Connolly, a #1 D OV wise in Lyndman and a replacement 2nd line LW in Jokinen.

Could he have got better? Was anyone else offering him such solid depth? No, I seriously doubt it. We hear of offers including Nash and Batman, but is it Parise+ for Nash straight up? Is it a bunch of shit that "maybe" good... or was it proven players who would take top positioning on the NJD's?

Joe is the only one who put up a "fuss", and it wasn't even a fuss to be honest.

He wanted to hear from other GM's on if the deal was fair... I don't believe he said lets all sit around and say we would have given more if we only knew.

If you wanted to give more, nothing was stopping you from sending an offer in to NJ weeks ago.

Nothing.

PM/MP button works for everyone.

"I didn't know."

STFU. You knew, everyone knows that anyone is available if YOU'RE willing to pay the price. You didn't, so Buffalo did and met NJ's expectations completely.

They offered a fair deal, NJ agreed that it was a fair deal and along the lines of what they were looking for in an effort to make his team better.

Fair deal offered, fair deal accepted... fair deal as viewed by most GM's in the league.

Could he have asked for more? Yes... SHOULD he have got more? Maybe... Did he get ripped off to the point his team is irreparable? No, in fact, it made his team fuller and deeper. Could he have moved a player or two's position for an equal effect without having to give up a 80 ov. No, he didn't have the depth.

So, did the trade help the Devils?

Yes.

Did the trade help the Sabres?

Yes.

Was the deal acceptable by both parties?

Yes.

Do many agree that the deal is fair?

Yes.

Pass. End of discussion.
Back to top Go down
SanJoseGM

Number of posts : 157
Humor : you
SDHL Team : san jose
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 1:08 pm

HurriCanes wrote:
LMAO, suck a dick....very funny

Back to the point, very well said Thrasher's GM, you said something every GM out here should do, suck a dick......

A trade between me and you (CAR - ATL, example) includes which people? The ATL GM and the CAR GM, no one else, the door is closed, you guys can't say shit or have anything in the conversation, because you weren't invited, your not even invited to be a spectator.

A trade is between 2 people, not the league. I know GM's want to make all deals fair in this league, but this deal is "fair" isn't it. Now I know Connolly might not be the cream of the crop to trade for Parise, but look at his team, he did offer a lot from his team, like gave his best centre and he gave a good defenceman, not the best, but good, a great prospect, some picks for Parise, Rolston and Rupp, they were their to accompany Parise to the door, so don't get in fights for them.......they're dead waste.

So, like the ATL GM's said, a "fair" trade should be passed, yes I know, Parise could have tooken more, but why would we wreck a fair trade, are we gonna complain about a team not taking enough now?????? Where does that lead the league, in one team trading an 80 and getting six 70+ players, a few 1st's and John Tavares as a prospect? That should not happen.......it seems like you guys think that any team with an 80+ should keep him and never trade him, but that makes other teams with no 80's (like mine) feel kinda down, because now we can't boost up our team......it has to stay the way it is, no fun in that, everyone wants to win the cup, so let them, let them get 80+ players and let "fair" trades happen.

while i'd rather not suck a dick lol! ...you make a great point and i completely agree
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 1:26 pm

The thing is people express their feelings about the trade when they feel it’s unfair. You believe it’s a fair deal, does that mean everyone must? Absolutely not.

What is a fair deal to you may not be a fair deal to another GM. So while you’re right trades will get processed if they are a fair deal, you are wrong to assume everyone believes the deal is fair.

So let’s get this straight, you have no problem people complaining about the deal, just as long as they start another thread about it. What difference does it make? Absolutely none. A trade was posted, people started discussing it, so what if it’s in the trade thread and not in a new one, does it really bother you that much?

The fact remains that some GMs felt this was an unfair deal. Just because you disagree with them doesn’t take away their right to express their opinion.

You think it’s a fair deal. Others do not. They expressed their displeasure, get over it.
Back to top Go down
ChicagoGM

ChicagoGM

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 1:48 pm

As far as i know, nobody challenged this deal, why are we talking? Process it and move on. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 1:48 pm

Can't be processed for 24 hours after it's posted
Back to top Go down
cbj

Number of posts : 80
SDHL Team : Columbus Blue Jackets
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 1:56 pm

Whatthe Atl Gm is saying is exactly what I said in so many words...ya I felt my offer would have been better...but I am not the Devils Gm...He is the only one that can determine what he feels like is best valuewise for him...thats why I said to each his own...let everyone take there own course of action...the deal is not challangeable in my opinion....so lets move on.
Back to top Go down
Les Nordiques

Les Nordiques

Number of posts : 343
SDHL Team : Quebec Nordiques
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:55 pm

I think the biggest thing is a lot of us try to be too overbearing and make deals for the parties involved, which is totally wrong. Don't you think that unless a deal is a rip off along the lines of Ovechkin-for-Eaton (a bit of an exaggeration, naturally), we should just stay out of it and let the GMs do their work?

I mean, sure we can weigh in and voice our opinions to let them know if they got the slightly shorter end of the stick for future reference, but if we're fixing deals, I find it wrong.
Back to top Go down
cbj

Number of posts : 80
SDHL Team : Columbus Blue Jackets
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:36 pm

On second thought I will state a different point of view......What if the Devils Gm decides to quit (not saying he will) how is the Commish going to get a new GM to take over the Devils without Zach Parise...we have to be careful not to allow one sided trades to take place......MAybe we had such a rush to challange trades a week or two back that there is now an anti-challange sentiment that has made us blind to the fact that this trade,in my opinion, severely weakens the Devils franchise.
Back to top Go down
Thrashers GM

Thrashers GM

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:40 pm

Not for at least 2 seasons though.

Have you seen Connolly play? He's a driving force for the Sabres when healthy. If he's good this season, you can expect a ppg player from him. Add to that he isn't that old and the draft picks coming back means a new GM can build the team in his own vision.

Plus, if that's the concern, no one could trade anything anytime just in case they quit.

Faith, and facing challenge is fun in a sim league.
Back to top Go down
Devils-GM

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:47 pm

wow, how many GMs are so disappointed that they didnt get Parise...its funny to see.

as some wise GMs have said right: this deal is exactly what our franchise needs.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Number of posts : 689
SDHL Team : bruins

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 1
SDHL Position: Commissioner/Supreme Trade Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:12 pm

Devils-GM wrote:
wow, how many GMs are so disappointed that they didnt get Parise...its funny to see.

i dont think thats the problem at all, matt. i think the problem is there is a concern that you dont know what you're doing which can be evidenced by the fact that you turned down a better trade from another eastern conference team AND asked for rick nash+ from cbj.

telltale signs that a gm is struggling: 1. asks for too little in return for top talent. 2. asks for WAY too much in return for top talent. when you combine these two things it appears as if you are unable to accurately gauge the value for said player.

how do you go from asking for nash+ or hossa+ a lot for parise and then suddenly trade him for a pkg that starts with an injury prone 2nd line C? the guy has not even been close to healthy in 4 seasons.
Back to top Go down
Devils-GM

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:37 pm

bla bla bla,...thats just bullshit

1. there was never an offer nash + on the table
2. hossa is taking a lot of money and its questionable if he will play hockey soon again
3. the hurricanes offer was good, but too many UFAs included
4. the Sabres offer is exactly what this franchise need and the deal isnt bad or unfair.
5. i didnt expect that you have so strange views. some others like the
atlanta or hurricanes GM seem to understand a lot more of hockey

bure_HOF wrote:
Devils-GM wrote:
wow, how many GMs are so
disappointed that they didnt get Parise...its funny to see.

i
dont think thats the problem at all, matt. i think the problem is there
is a concern that you dont know what you're doing which can be
evidenced by the fact that you turned down a better trade from another
eastern conference team AND asked for rick nash+ from cbj.

telltale
signs that a gm is struggling: 1. asks for too little in return for top
talent. 2. asks for WAY too much in return for top talent. when you
combine these two things it appears as if you are unable to accurately
gauge the value for said player.

how do you go from asking for
nash+ or hossa+ a lot for parise and then suddenly trade him for a pkg
that starts with an injury prone 2nd line C? the guy has not even been
close to healthy in 4 seasons.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Wild

Minnesota Wild

Number of posts : 198

Team Profile
Team Ranking: 11

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 7:02 pm

joe you seriously need to stop accusing others of having no hockey intelligence.
NJ made he thought was good. When you consider that thornton may go his pick could be a top 10 pick, alongside connolly who could be a real hit. lydman is steady and that many 4ths could unearth a gem.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:27 pm

Minnesota Wild wrote:
joe you seriously need to stop accusing others of having no hockey intelligence.
NJ made he thought was good. When you consider that thornton may go his pick could be a top 10 pick, alongside connolly who could be a real hit. lydman is steady and that many 4ths could unearth a gem.

jake, you seriously need to work on your reading comprehension.

i didnt accuse anyone of having no hockey intelligence. i suggested that there was a question as to whether or not the devils gm knows what he's doing (with parise). i offered up some evidence to back up the possibility that he doesnt.

in my experience as a sim league gm one clear cut sign that a gm doesnt know what he's doing is when, on one hand, he asks for way too much for a player, and then on the other hand trades him for less than value. makes it look like he's all over the map and doesnt really have a good grasp on the value of the player.
Back to top Go down
Thrashers GM

Thrashers GM

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:41 pm

This has been up for 24 hours, is it going to be processed?

If it isn't good enough in the eyes of the Commish, then allow them to rework it. If it's considered fair, process it.

No need to keep GM's on edge.
Back to top Go down
SanJoseGM

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:01 pm

process it, its not a great trade, but its fine, the gms agreed to it, and its not as bad as the original deals i may/may not have made lol
Back to top Go down
Skwid

Skwid

Number of posts : 446
Humor : is spelled wrong.
SDHL Team : Los Angeles Kings
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 2
SDHL Position: Co-Commissioner

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:44 pm

I just wanted to say that I have absolutely no opinion on this matter.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.skwidslair.net
SanJoseGM

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 11:11 pm

Skwid wrote:
I just wanted to say that I have absolutely no opinion on this matter.

Thank you.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Buffalo Sabres

Buffalo Sabres

Number of posts : 137
SDHL Team : Buffalo Sabres
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:15 am

to make this deal work i will agree to drop Rolston and Rupp from the deal
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:21 am

this reworked deal is considered passed unless new jersey for some reason objects. it will be processed tomorrow.

new jersey: put rolston on the block. offer him to the highest bidder. if no one makes a bid place him in the minors, which will subject him to waivers. he doesnt count against your salary cap and if someone claims him its $500K in your pocket.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo - New Jersey   Buffalo - New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buffalo - New Jersey
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next