SDHL Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesLog inRegisterGallerySDHL.orgSDHL RulesAll-Star Game
Poll
is the cormier hit the ugliest of all time?
Yes
who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_vote_lcap36%who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
No
who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_vote_lcap43%who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
His reputation makes it worse
who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_vote_lcap21%who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14
гинеколог астана
who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 5:35 am by Anonymous

Comments: 0
How To Hide Drugs
who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 7:00 pm by Anonymous
How To Help Drug Dealers - lipitor pills During the intake of Lipitor at regular intervals, if you experience a sort of inexplicable pain in the muscles or unusual tiredness, it would be advisable to explain the physical condition to the physician.

Great informative post!
who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 3:53 am by Anonymous
Hello. Never mind, it came back. How do I connect it to the secondary driver as Master & Disconnect all slave hardware from IDE secondary Master?

стрижка классический боб фото
who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:22 pm by Anonymous
У некоторых из них основание скользит по пластиковой формованной ручке. Щетки делают из щетины (иногда называемой перьями или булавками), которая может быть натуральной свиной, пластмассовой, нейлоновой или металлической. Простолюдины, напротив, коротко стриглись и отпускали небольшие аккуратные бородки; над верхней губой волосы выщипывали или сбривали.

http://www.merchantcashadvances.org small business loan
who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:23 pm by Anonymous
If you are looking then you need to go to They gave me a about four months ago and I absolutely love their plan . The cause why I love it is because the unique payment structure lets me to return my only my company makes money . They also extended a couple of interesting ways in which the existent pay back works. They offer three various cases of return choices. The company has thriven a ton since three years ago and now are offering traditional and …

[ Full reading ]

who got the better of the wild-habs trade?

Go down 
+2
Quaesitor
bure_HOF
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

habs or wild?
habs, pouliot is french-canadian! who cares if he produces?
who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_vote_lcap50%who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 6 ]
wild, latendresse had more goals last year than pouliot has in his career.
who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_vote_lcap50%who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Number of posts : 689
SDHL Team : bruins
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 1
SDHL Position: Commissioner/Supreme Trade Overlord

who got the better of the wild-habs trade? Empty
PostSubject: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 5:18 pm

time for a new poll that is near and dear to my heart.
Back to top Go down
Quaesitor

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 6:32 pm

I think both team have upsides in this trade.
The future will tell who lost it.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 6:50 pm

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8471678

pouliot has 9g 9a in 65 career games. when you watch the guy you think he's going to produce and then he just doesnt. although it can be difficult when you're centering a line with boogaard and weller, like he was for much of his time with the wild last year.
Back to top Go down
Les Nordiques

Les Nordiques

Number of posts : 343
SDHL Team : Quebec Nordiques
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Team Profile
Team Ranking: --
GM Ranking: --
SDHL Position: General Manager

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:28 pm

I think this is a trade that could benefit both teams, and both players.

You know you're going to get about 20G year in and year out with Latendresse, but he wasn't having a great start to the season.

Meanwhile, with Pouliot, you have the potential for more than 20G, but you also have the potential to have a complete bust on your hands.

I'm more of a conservative trader, so I say Minnesota wins, but it's trading a fringe 2nd/3rd-liner for a potential 2nd-liner, so whatever.
Back to top Go down
IslandersGM

IslandersGM

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-10-08

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 9:17 am

Neither team wins this trade.

Pouliot is a bust (as so many Wild first rounders have been) who will have incredible pressure on him moving to Montreal.

Latendresse is a kid who never had to work in junior and because of that hasn't put in the work in the pros add to that the fact that he can't sakte doesn't help anything. Word is he is an increible problem in the locker room and had worn out his welcome with his teammates

If I had to i'd give the advantage to Montreal. Because Pouliot has more up side and this deal will likely knock some sense into Lapierre who was apparently developing a lot of Latendresse's bad habits both on and off the ice.

Last edited by IslandersGM on Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IslandersGM

IslandersGM

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 9:19 am

Also what does Pouliot being French-Canadian have to do with anything? So is Latendresse.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 3:37 pm

'benoit pouliot' sounds more frenchy. that is an upgrade in the eyes of habs fans everywhere.
Back to top Go down
IslandersGM

IslandersGM

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 3:46 pm

huh?
Guillaume Latendresse is one of the most French names anyone could have. (spoken from someone who is half French Canadian)
Maybe they pronounce it weirdly in the US (they usually do with French Canadian names) but you can't get a more French name then Guillame
Back to top Go down
IslandersGM

IslandersGM

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 4:25 pm

Pouliot isn't even actually from Quebec. He's an Ontario boy. Latendresse is from small town rural Quebec, can't get much more French then that.

Crazy Americans and their analysis of French Canadians. haha
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 4:30 pm

the official 'most frenchy sounding name' list here in america goes like this:

1. francoix

2. benoit

3. marcel

4. guillaume

etc

so, as you can see, i was correct in my statement that benoit pouliot is more frenchy sounding.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 4:32 pm

IslandersGM wrote:
Pouliot isn't even actually from Quebec. He's an Ontario boy. Latendresse is from small town rural Quebec, can't get much more French then that.

Crazy Americans and their analysis of French Canadians. haha

yeah, but that misses the point. who got the better of the wild-habs trade? Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
IslandersGM

IslandersGM

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 4:33 pm

hahaha, Francoix??

You mean Francois? hahaha Americans are hilarious when it comes to French Canadian names.

Last edited by IslandersGM on Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IslandersGM

IslandersGM

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 4:34 pm

The point is pressure in Montreal. You can't get any more cultural pressure then a small town french boy named Latendresse (which is part of why he didn't succeed in Montreal)

Last edited by IslandersGM on Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 4:42 pm

IslandersGM wrote:
hahaha, Francoix??

You mean Francois? hahaha Americans are hilarious when it comes to French Canadian names.

oh yeah...

then what is a
Quote :
The point is pressure in Montreal. You can't get any more cultural pressure then a small town french both named Latendresse (which is part of why he didn't succeed in Montreal)

?

who got the better of the wild-habs trade? Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
IslandersGM

IslandersGM

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 4:53 pm

The moral of the story is that Pouliot isn't going to have any more pressure on him in Montreal (probably less) then Latensdresse did)

And it evolved into the hilarity that is Americans dealing with French Canadian names (as proved by out faithful commish):

bure_HOF wrote:
the official 'most frenchy sounding name' list here in america goes like this:

1. francoix

2. benoit

3. marcel

4. guillaume

etc

so, as you can see, i was correct in my statement that benoit pouliot is more frenchy sounding.

1. Francoix isn't a French Canadian name, Francois is.
2. There have only been two Marcel's in the NHL over the past two seasons. One is German (Goc) and the other is Slovakian (Hossa).

Hearing you guys attempt to tackle French is just funny, that’s all.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 5:04 pm

'francoix' is a spelling error, my good man. those who cast stones shouldnt mistype 'boys' as 'both'. who got the better of the wild-habs trade? Icon_razz

btw, hockeys finest source, eklund, is reporting that the habs have serious interest in horton and are willing to send a 'significant defensive prospect' in return. subban? weber?
Back to top Go down
Les Nordiques

Les Nordiques

Number of posts : 343
SDHL Team : Quebec Nordiques
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 10:59 pm

bure_HOF wrote:
'francoix' is a spelling error, my good man. those who cast stones shouldnt mistype 'boys' as 'both'. who got the better of the wild-habs trade? Icon_razz

btw, hockeys finest source, eklund, is reporting that the habs have serious interest in horton and are willing to send a 'significant defensive prospect' in return. subban? weber?

PK Subban and four first-round picks, of course!
Back to top Go down
Quaesitor

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 10:10 am

Guillaume is the most french name ever, I never heard an english-speaking person say it right.
I'm 100% french-canadian and like the isles gm said, Pouliot is a french-canadian but from Ontario which differ a lot for us Quebecois.
Mike Ribeiro is nearer to our heart and he doesn't have a french name.
You have to have been born in Quebec to be considered a real french-canadian.

PS. This ain't my opinion, only reflecting that of the Quebec population.
Back to top Go down
IslandersGM

IslandersGM

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:06 am

Quaesitor wrote:
Guillaume is the most french name ever, I never heard an english-speaking person say it right.
I'm 100% french-canadian and like the isles gm said, Pouliot is a french-canadian but from Ontario which differ a lot for us Quebecois.

Exactly.
You're 100% correct on two points. That Joe was off on. 1. Guillaume is the single most french name in the NHL, and 2. The pressure in Montreal has nothing to do with how french your name is. It has everything to do with where you are from. A Quebecois is going to have significantly more pressure on him playing in the bleu, blanc et rouge then anyone else. Which is why guys like St. Louis, Luongo, Brodeur, Briere, etc love playing home games in Montreal but never take the opportunity to go play for the Habs.
Back to top Go down
bure_HOF
Admin
bure_HOF

Team Profile
Team Ranking:

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 7:58 pm

IslandersGM wrote:
Quaesitor wrote:

Exactly.
You're 100% correct on two points. That Joe was off on. 1. Guillaume is the single most french name in the NHL, and 2. The pressure in Montreal has nothing to do with how french your name is. It has everything to do with where you are from. A Quebecois is going to have significantly more pressure on him playing in the bleu, blanc et rouge then anyone else. Which is why guys like St. Louis, Luongo, Brodeur, Briere, etc love playing home games in Montreal but never take the opportunity to go play for the Habs.

::sigh::

can you really be "off" when you're joking?...

who got the better of the wild-habs trade? Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
Quaesitor

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 8:57 pm

Eklund is talking about the habs trading Gomez to Florida...
I think this guy never got one trade right.
Back to top Go down
IslandersGM

IslandersGM

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:34 am

bure_HOF wrote:
IslandersGM wrote:
Quaesitor wrote:

Exactly.

::sigh::

can you really be "off" when you're joking?...

who got the better of the wild-habs trade? Icon_scratch

You Sure can joe...you sure can. haha
Back to top Go down
Skwid

Skwid

Number of posts : 446
Humor : is spelled wrong.
SDHL Team : Los Angeles Kings
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Team Profile
Team Ranking:
GM Ranking: 2
SDHL Position: Co-Commissioner

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:43 pm

Quaesitor wrote:

Interestingly enough, those same people want nothing to do with Canada.

I have French-Canadian blood in me (Iroquois, at that) as well as British, and would just as soon not have any part of either. Quite happy being from Ontario as just another hated Leaf Fan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.skwidslair.net
IslandersGM

IslandersGM

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:46 am

Skwid wrote:

Interestingly enough, those same people want nothing to do with Canada.

I have French-Canadian blood in me (Iroquois, at that) as well as British, and would just as soon not have any part of either. Quite happy being from Ontario as just another hated Leaf Fan.

Separatists are a minority among Quebecois. The vast majority are glad to be Canadian.

I’m confused Skwid, Iroquois and French-Canadian are two very different things. The Iroquois integrated with the British and have a long standing rivalry and history of war with the French in Canada.

Sorry for the history lecture, It’s just a pet peeve of mine when people have misconceptions about these heritages. I’ve actually got blood of all three in me. (as well as Irish and Scottish, a true Canadian mosaic haha)
Back to top Go down
cbj

Number of posts : 80
SDHL Team : Columbus Blue Jackets
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Team Profile

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 2:10 pm

I have watched the 3 games that Latendresse has played for the Wild and just purely from that viewpoint...the Wild have a major steal on there hands...Latendresse has played better in these games that any that Pouliot ever played for the Wild....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who got the better of the wild-habs trade?   who got the better of the wild-habs trade? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

who got the better of the wild-habs trade?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next